Saturday 5 February 2011

Alcoholics Anonymous | Step 2 | February 5



Alcoholics Anonymous | Step 2 | February 5 |

Step 2 "Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity"

Sober today I become more authentic, more able to learn... When I am truthful, the result is humility and learning. Fake it to make it? If I pretend it is bravado, slows my progress, keeping myself distant and others in ignorance. Deceiving me and others is denial. Open honest and willing, progress is more constant ~ Jean-Paul Sartre "Acting is happy agony." -/- Been there done that. Truth helps life work now..

We find it amazing that the newcomer can start the A.A. program without any specific beliefs or, for that matter, without any beliefs whatsoever. All a person needs is the open-mindedness and the willingness to believe that WE BELIEVE this program works...

"God [it is what I understand to be God or a "Higher Power," always a personal understanding we have for ourselves, there is no AA or common understanding, simply what you believe] grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" God is often understood to be: Truth, Love and Wisdom in the moment of now...

Alcoholics Anonymous, DonInLondon, Don Oddy, Recovery Life Works, Addiction And Recovery, Alcohol, Alcoholism

Alcoholics Anonymous | DonInLondon | Life Works In Recovery |

No comments: