Sunday 13 March 2011

Alcoholics Anonymous | Step 3 | March 13


Alcoholics Anonymous | Step 3 | March 13 |

Not invented here...we know the answer and there is the problem. Knowing the answer often means we stop listening, then we start hurting as no one hears us. Then we assert to the point of defiance and stubborness. We hurt more, hurt ourselves and in justifiable anger hurt others. Blinded by knowledge, negative actions are easy to follow...

A WORLD OF THE SPIRIT We have entered the world of the Spirit. Our next function is to grow in understanding and effectiveness. This is not an overnight matter. It should continue for our lifetime. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 84

The word “entered” . . . and the phrase “entered into the world of the Spirit” are very significant. They imply action, a beginning, getting into, a prerequisite to maintaining my spiritual growth, the “Spirit” being the immaterial part of me. Barriers to my spiritual growth are self-centeredness and a materialistic focus on worldly things. Spirituality means devotion to spiritual rather than worldly things, it means obedience to God’s will for me. I understand spiritual things to be: unconditional love, joy, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, self-control and humility. Any time I allow selfishness, dishonesty, resentment and fear to be a part of me, I block out spiritual things. As I maintain my sobriety, growing spiritually becomes a lifelong process. My goal is spiritual growth, accepting that I’ll never have spiritual perfection.

Spiritual is constant and always inside us and outside us ~ Buddha "Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life." -/- Let go self will let in new living, truth, love and wisdom of others, everything is spiritual, spiritual is what we do.. What goes around comes around

I understand spiritual to be everything: unconditional love, joy, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, self-control and humility. Any time I find I am selfish, dishonest, resent and fear to be a part of me, it too is spiritual. Sobriety and being spiritual is a lifelong process. Spiritual being continues, accepting there is nothing outside spiritual, it is my conduct and choices which make my life what it is today. ~ Marianne Williamson "The spiritual path - is simply the journey of living our lives. Everyone is on a spiritual path; most people just don't know it." -/-


Buddha "Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity. -/- Third Step Meditation Don meditation ~ "With good conscience, I need live today as it may be, included and a part of life, with choices developing as life offers to the common good of humanity. I need be aware of the bondage of self will, know what I give, I may receive. Know I am human, that fear in me can evoke false bravery and ego. Courage, faith and confidence will help me live in peace with my fellows, as I learn truth, love and wisdom in the moment of now. Cherish always."


spiritus contra spiritum ~ from dry to sober to spiritual ~ " Maya Angelou "Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: "I'm with you kid. Let's go." -/- Humphrey Bogart (Rick): "My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters." Captain Claude Rains(Louis) : "The waters? What waters? We're in the desert." Humphrey Bogart (Rick): "I was misinformed." -/- Later... "Humphrey Bogart (Rick): Here's looking at you, kid. " -/- We may not realise we always live life's on life's terms -/- Don

Into the fabric of recovery from alcoholism are woven the Twelve Steps and the Twelve Traditions, steps to be open honest and willing to learn, traditions to live unity service and recovery.

Step 3 "Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him" Practicing Step Three is like the opening of a door which to all appearances is still closed and locked. All we need is a key, and the decision to swing the door open. There is only one key, and it is called willingness. Once unlocked by willingness, the door opens almost of itself, and looking through it, we shall see a pathway beside which is an inscription. It reads: "This is the way to a faith that works." We find faith in doing the next right action, based on truth, love and wisdom we learn as life unfolds.

Open To Truth, Love And Wisdom of Others [we let go having to be right, self obsessed and self medicating our lives away into oblivion and harms way]

We find it amazing that the newcomer can start the A.A. program without any specific beliefs or, for that matter, without any beliefs whatsoever. All a person needs is the open-mindedness and the willingness to believe that WE BELIEVE this program works...

"God [it is what I understand to be God or a "Higher Power," always a personal understanding we have for ourselves, there is no AA or common understanding, simply what you believe] God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" God is often understood to be: Truth, Love and Wisdom in the moment of now... your faith, your understanding.

Alcoholics Anonymous, DonInLondon, Life Works In Recovery, Addiction And Recovery, Alcoholic, Alcoholism

Alcoholics Anonymous | DonInLondon | Life Works In Recovery |

No comments: