Tuesday 15 March 2011

Alcoholics Anonymous | Step 3 | March 15



Alcoholics Anonymous | Step 3 | March 15 |

Spiritual is outward reality, truth, love, cherished and included in an infinite universe, timeless and now. Driven to extremes of any attitude or behaviour, EGO [EGO Edging God or & Good Out] ~ Don Dokken [Poison] "Drugs, alcohol and ego. They are a bad mix" -/- When we are fixing, tripping, skimming the surface, superficial and indifferent, consumed in an inner world rich in nothing but ourselves...

In my Ivory Tower, drink served its purpose to protect me from reality, not knowing truth, isolated and entrapped in my own deep chaos ~ Sammy Davis Jr "Alcohol gives you infinite patience for stupidity" -/- Each day sober more is revealed, about living, inclusion, choices and love..


Who am I, where was I? Who are you, where are we? ~ Marguerite Duras "Alcohol is barren. The words a man speaks in the night of drunkenness fade like the darkness itself at the coming of day" -/- Lost and forgotten..

We do not know until it is too late, ignorance, then denial and hooked ~ Finley Peter Dunne "Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed be the facts" -/- Once we know the facts, we make choices, find help, let go self-obsession, live free to good choices..

For those of us who are alcoholics, we are the problem and the solution, knowing is the key which opens the door to sobriety ~ Matt Groening ~ "Here's to alcohol: the cause of, and answer to, all of life's problems" Knowing what we can do and cannot do safely offers opportunity to find wisdom and live life on life's terms

THE GOD IDEA MARCH 15 when we saw others solve their problems by a simple reliance upon the Spirit of the Universe, we had to stop doubting the power of God. Our ideas did not work. But the God idea did. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 52

Like a blind man gradually being restored to sight, I slowly groped my way to the Third Step. Having realized that only a Power greater than myself could rescue me from the hopeless abyss I was in, I knew that this was a Power that I had to grasp, and that it would be my anchor in the midst of a sea of woes. Even though my faith at that time was minuscule, it was big enough to make me see that it was time for me to discard my reliance on my prideful ego and replace it with the steadying strength that could only come from a Power far greater than myself.

Into the fabric of recovery from alcoholism are woven the Twelve Steps and the Twelve Traditions, steps to be open honest and willing to learn, traditions to live unity service and recovery.

Step 3 "Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him" Practicing Step Three is like the opening of a door which to all appearances is still closed and locked. All we need is a key, and the decision to swing the door open. There is only one key, and it is called willingness. Once unlocked by willingness, the door opens almost of itself, and looking through it, we shall see a pathway beside which is an inscription. It reads: "This is the way to a faith that works." We find faith in doing the next right action, based on truth, love and wisdom we learn as life unfolds.

Open To Truth, Love And Wisdom of Others [we let go having to be right, self-obsessed and self-medicating our lives away into oblivion and harm’s way]

We find it amazing that the newcomer can start the A.A. program without any specific beliefs or, for that matter, without any beliefs whatsoever. All a person needs is the open-mindedness and the willingness to believe that WE BELIEVE this program works...

"God [it is what I understand to be God or a "Higher Power," always a personal understanding we have for ourselves, there is no AA or common understanding, simply what you believe] God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" God is often understood to be: Truth, Love and Wisdom in the moment of now... your faith, your understanding.

Alcoholics Anonymous, DonInLondon, Life Works In Recovery, Addiction And Recovery, Alcoholic, Alcoholism

Alcoholics Anonymous | DonInLondon | Life Works In Recovery |

No comments: