Thursday 17 March 2011

Alcoholics Anonymous | Step 3 | March 17



Alcoholics Anonymous | Step 3 | March 17 |

Boredom is the feeling we have as a result of an emotional and intelligent mind without purpose. Once we realise its a gift and not a burden, we find something to do with purpose. Not a quick fix, a life long journey, with plenty of hardship and good things too, one day at a time...

As in all matters of wisdom, common and universal principles of action become clear as we let go, self will run riot ~ Matthew Green [poet 17th century ] "Experience join'd with common sense, To mortals is a providence" -/- Life, its a kinda magic..

Letting go and finding our path with truth, love, and wisdom of the many ~ Mohandas Gandhi "Providence has its appointed hour for everything. We cannot command results, we can only strive." -/- And be open to choices as they manifest.. each and every day

From not knowing our need to change, to knowing and breaking our denial, to positive action ~ H. G. Wells "Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative." -/- Acceptance of the truth learned through experience, change and being able to adapt returns as we see reality, as nature always intended, a day at a time..

Fellowship: sanctuary to be open honest and willing to share our experience strength and hope ~ Henry David Thoreau "Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around." -/- In fellowship we do not question another fellow’s belief, we develop our own...

MYSTERIOUS WAYS out of every season of grief or suffering, when the hand of God seemed heavy or even unjust, new lessons for living were learned, new resources of courage were uncovered, and that finally, inescapably, the conviction came that God does “move in a mysterious way His wonders to perform.” TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 105

After losing my career, family and health, I remained unconvinced that my way of life needed a second look. My drinking and other drug use were killing me, but I had never met a recovering person or an A.A. member. I thought I was destined to die alone and that I deserved it. At the peak of my despair, my infant son became critically ill with a rare disease. Doctors’ efforts to help him proved useless. I redoubled my efforts to block my feelings, but now the alcohol had stopped working. I was left staring into God’s eyes, begging for help. My introduction to A.A. came within days, through an odd series of coincidences, and I have remained sober ever since. My son lived and his disease is in remission. The entire episode convinced me of my powerlessness and the unmanageability of my life. Today my son and I thank God for his intervention.

Into the fabric of recovery from alcoholism are woven the Twelve Steps and the Twelve Traditions, steps to be open honest and willing to learn, traditions to live unity service and recovery.

spiritual principles ~ acceptance surrender faith open-mindedness honesty willingness moral-inventory amends humility persistence spiritual-growth service

Step 3 "Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him" Practicing Step Three is like the opening of a door which to all appearances is still closed and locked. All we need is a key, and the decision to swing the door open. There is only one key, and it is called willingness. Once unlocked by willingness, the door opens almost of itself, and looking through it, we shall see a pathway beside which is an inscription. It reads: "This is the way to a faith that works." We find faith in doing the next right action, based on truth, love and wisdom we learn as life unfolds.

Open To Truth, Love And Wisdom of Others [we let go having to be right, self obsessed and self medicating our lives away into oblivion and harms way]

We find it amazing that the newcomer can start the A.A. program without any specific beliefs or, for that matter, without any beliefs whatsoever. All a person needs is the open-mindedness and the willingness to believe that WE BELIEVE this program works...

"God [it is what I understand to be God or a "Higher Power," always a personal understanding we have for ourselves, there is no AA or common understanding, simply what you believe] God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" God is often understood to be: Truth, Love and Wisdom in the moment of now... your faith, your understanding.

Alcoholics Anonymous, DonInLondon, Life Works In Recovery, Addiction And Recovery, Alcoholic, Alcoholism

Alcoholics Anonymous | DonInLondon | Life Works In Recovery |

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KecFNib2jY

No comments: