Tuesday 22 March 2011

Alcoholics Anonymous | Step 3 | March 22


Alcoholics Anonymous | Step 3 | March 22 |

Powerless over alcohol, people, places and things and my choices are manageable, good conscience keeps me sober and sane today, less self interest and more interest in the common good. I am responsible when anyone anywhere, and reminding myself what I can do and cannot do and when needed, seeking guidance and wisdom today...

We learn our feelings every moment, as life experience offers ~ Dale Carnegie "Happiness doesn't depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude." -/- Change is not only possible, change is always happening as we engage in living..

Solitary endeavour is quite different to isolation ~ Eric Hoffer "A man by himself is in bad company." -/- Life is always about balance..

Sharing experience strength and hope of how it was and how it is today ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes "Beware how we take away hope from another human being." -/- That was then and this is now, in the now new possibilities open for us, real and just for a day? Today is always..

Spitiual and emotional well being, contingent on our sobriety and now ~ D. H. Lawrence "One realm we have never conquered: the pure present." -/- Open honest and willing, we keep open the door to new experiences whatever they may be, and we change as a consequence..

The mind can assert anything, and pretend it has proved it. My beliefs I test on my body, on my intuitional consciousness, and when I get a response there, then I accept.- D. H. Lawrence

Into the fabric of recovery from alcoholism are woven the Twelve Steps and the Twelve Traditions, steps to be open honest and willing to learn, traditions to live unity service and recovery.

Daily Reflections ~ NO MORE STRUGGLE… And we have ceased fighting anything or anyone- even alcohol. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p.84
When AA found me I thought I was in for a struggle, and that AA might provide me the strength I needed to beat alcohol. Victorious in that fight, who knows what other battles I could win. I would need to be strong, though. All my previous expirence with life proved that. Today I do not have to struggle or exert my will. If I take those Twelve Steps and let my Higher Power do the real work, my alcohol problem disappears all by itself. My living problems also cease to be struggles. I just have to ask whether acceptance-or change-is required. It is not my will, but his, that needs doing

As Bill sees it "Personality Change ~ "It has often been said of A.A. that we are interested only on alcoholism. That is not true. We have to get over drinking in order to stay alive.
But anyone who knows the alcoholic personality by firsthand contact knows that no true alky ever stops drinking permanently without undergoing a profound personality change. We thought "conditions" drove us to drink, and when we tried to correct these conditions and found that we couldn't do so to our entire satisfaction, our drinking went out of hand and we became alcoholics. It never ocurred to us that we needed to change ourselves to meet conditions, whatever they were.

spiritual principles ~ acceptance surrender faith open-mindedness honesty willingness moral-inventory amends humility persistence spiritual-growth service

Step 3 "Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him" Practicing Step Three is like the opening of a door which to all appearances is still closed and locked. All we need is a key, and the decision to swing the door open. There is only one key, and it is called willingness. Once unlocked by willingness, the door opens almost of itself, and looking through it, we shall see a pathway beside which is an inscription. It reads: "This is the way to a faith that works." We find faith in doing the next right action, based on truth, love and wisdom we learn as life unfolds.

Open To Truth, Love And Wisdom of Others [we let go having to be right, self obsessed and self medicating our lives away into oblivion and harms way]

We find it amazing that the newcomer can start the A.A. program without any specific beliefs or, for that matter, without any beliefs whatsoever. All a person needs is the open-mindedness and the willingness to believe that WE BELIEVE this program works...

"God [it is what I understand to be God or a "Higher Power," always a personal understanding we have for ourselves, there is no AA or common understanding, simply what you believe] God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" God is often understood to be: Truth, Love and Wisdom in the moment of now... your faith, your understanding.

Alcoholics Anonymous, DonInLondon, Life Works In Recovery, Addiction And Recovery, Alcoholic, Alcoholism

Alcoholics Anonymous | DonInLondon | Life Works In Recovery |

No comments: