Friday 15 April 2011

April 14 | Alcoholics Anonymous Daily Video |



April 14 | Alcoholics Anonymous Daily Video |

My emotional and spiritual condition today? How am I feeling, why and what can I do? I feel right sized, because my feelings fit my situation. When my feelings fit reality, no hangovers from the past and no false expectations or resentments under construction…

Bondage of resentments: hurt people, hurt people. If we hurt ourselves we resent and find it hard to forgive, when others hurt us we can be stubborn and hurtful back. Stuck we can be, twelve steps to help us let go our own hurt, twelve traditions to let go hurting others. Practice makes letting go and being at one with life as it is, imperfectly perfect, now..

Anger and resentment a part of us and our human condition.Letting go, moving on takes time, then our choices become clearer ~ John Dryden "Anger will never disappear so long as feelings of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as feelings of resentment are forgotten" -/-

Daily Reflections ~ THE "NUMBER ONE OFFENDER..." Resentment is the “number one” offender. It destroys more alcoholics than anything else. From it stem all forms of spiritual disease, for we have been not only mentally and physically ill, we have been spiritually sick. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 64

As I look at myself practicing the Fourth Step, it is easy to gloss over the wrong that I have done, because I can easily see it as a question of “getting even” for a wrong done to me. If I continue to relive my old hurt, it is a resentment and resentment bars the sunlight from my soul. If I continue to relive hurts and hates, I will hurt and hate myself. After years in the dark of resentments, I have found the sunlight. I must let go of resentments; I cannot afford them.

As Bill Sees It ~ The Spiritual Alibi... Our first attempts at inventories are apt to prove very unrealistic. I used to be a champ at unrealistic self-appraisal. On certain occasions, I wanted to look only at the part of my life which seemed good. Then I would greatly exaggerate whatever virtues I supposed I had attained. Next I would congratulate myself on the grand job I was doing in A.A.

Naturally this generated a terrible hankering for still more "accomplishments," and still more approval. I was falling straight back into the pattern of my drinking days. Here were the same old
goals -- power, fame, and applause. Besides, I had the best alibi known -- the spiritual alibi. The fact that I really did have a spiritual objective made this utter nonsense seem perfectly right. GRAPEVINE, JUNE 1961

I do not speak for Alcoholics Anonymous I speak for myself. Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of unique and authentic people who speak for themselves where they will to share experience, strength and hope about recovery on a daily basis. Anonymity affords sanctuary to find how to live sober and be open, honest and willing to learn life day by day. For me "truth," "love" and "wisdom" offer the best spiritual experience by living reality today. Into the fabric of recovery from alcoholism are woven the Twelve Steps and the Twelve Traditions, steps to be open honest and willing to learn, traditions to live unity service and recovery.

spiritual principles ~ acceptance surrender faith open-mindedness honesty willingness moral-inventory amends humility persistence spiritual-growth service

Step 4: "Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves." We want to uncover the truth about ourselves. We want to discover the attitudes, thoughts, beliefs, fears, actions, behaviours, and the behaviour patterns - that have been blocking us, causing us problems and causing our failure.

Open To Truth, Love And Wisdom of Others [we let go having to be right, self obsessed and self medicating our lives into oblivion and harms way]

We find it amazing that the newcomer can start the A.A. program without any specific beliefs or, for that matter, without any beliefs whatsoever. All a person needs is the open-mindedness and the willingness to believe that WE BELIEVE this program works...


Alcoholics Anonymous Videos, DonInLondon, Life Works In Recovery

Alcoholics Anonymous Video | DonInLondon | Life Works In Recovery |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 1 Bill's Story |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 2 There Is A Solution |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 3 More About Alcoholism |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 4 We Agnostics |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 5 How It Works |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 6 Into Action |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 7 Working With Others |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 8 To Wives |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 9 The Family Afterward |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 10 To Employers |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 11 A Vision For You |

No comments: