Friday 15 April 2011

April 15 | Alcoholics Anonymous Daily Video |




April 15 | Alcoholics Anonymous Daily Video |

How am I feeling, why and what can I do? = Assertive How are we feeling why and what can we do? = Empathy... I like you, I feel great when you acknowledge me but not when you undermine me by...

Anger is a feeling, feelings and emotions are a part of us, alerts us to what is happening and going on. It is ok to acknowledge "I feel angry." Then work out why and what to do. We need understanding our truth, same as if we are feeling happy. Never deny emotion or feeling, it is what we do next which helps us make sense of our next choices. Feeling, cause, choices.. Prolonged extremes of a particular emotion or feeling? Share and express helpfully to ourselves and others, find counsel and make informed choices as we may..

Letting go anger and rage at ourselves and others becomes a way to make better choices. Stuck in extremes we live in the problem and not the solution ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson "For every minute we remain angry, we give up sixty seconds of peace of mind" -/- As we see the truth, make our choices, we learn from our bruises, heal and move on..

Daily Reflections ~ THE BONDAGE OF RESENTMENT... harboring resentment is infinitely grave. For then we shut ourselves off from the sunlight of the spirit. AS BILL SEES IT, p. 5

It has been said, “Anger is a luxury I cannot afford.” Does this suggest I ignore this human emotion? I believe not. Before I learned of the A.A. program, I was a slave to the behavior patterns of alcoholism. I was chained to negativity, with no hope of cutting loose. The Steps offered me an alternative. Step Four was the beginning of the end of my bondage. The process of “letting go” started with an inventory. I needed not be frightened, for the previous Steps assured me I was not alone. My Higher Power led me to this door and gave me the gift of choice. Today I can choose to open the door to freedom and rejoice in the sunlight of the Steps, as they cleanse the spirit within me.


As Bill Sees It ~ Virtue and Self-Deception I used to take comfort from an exaggerated belief in my own honesty. My New England kinfolk had taught me the sanctity of all business commitments and contracts, saying, "A man's word is his bond." After this rigorous conditioning, business honesty always came easy; I never flim-flammed anyone. However, this small fragment of readily won virtue did produce some interesting liabilities. I never failed to whip up a fine contempt for those of my fellow Wall Streeters who were prone to shortchange their customers. This was arrogant enough, but the ensuing selfdeception proved even worse.

My prized business honesty was presently converted into a comfortable cloak under which I could hide the many serious flaws that beset other departments of my life. Being certain of this one virtue, it was easy to conclude that I had them all. For years on end, this prevented me from taking a good look at myself. GRAPEVINE, AUGUST 1961

I do not speak for Alcoholics Anonymous I speak for myself. Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of unique and authentic people who speak for themselves where they will to share experience, strength and hope about recovery on a daily basis. Anonymity affords sanctuary to find how to live sober and be open, honest and willing to learn life day by day. For me "truth," "love" and "wisdom" offer the best spiritual experience by living reality today. Into the fabric of recovery from alcoholism are woven the Twelve Steps and the Twelve Traditions, steps to be open honest and willing to learn, traditions to live unity service and recovery.

spiritual principles ~ acceptance surrender faith open-mindedness honesty willingness moral-inventory amends humility persistence spiritual-growth service

Step 4: "Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves." We want to uncover the truth about ourselves. We want to discover the attitudes, thoughts, beliefs, fears, actions, behaviors, and the behavior patterns - that have been blocking us, causing us problems and causing our failure.

Open To Truth, Love And Wisdom of Others [we let go having to be right, self obsessed and self medicating our lives into oblivion and harms way]

We find it amazing that the newcomer can start the A.A. program without any specific beliefs or, for that matter, without any beliefs whatsoever. All a person needs is the open-mindedness and the willingness to believe that WE BELIEVE this program works...


Alcoholics Anonymous Videos, DonInLondon, Life Works In Recovery, Addiction And Recovery Videos, Alcoholic, Alcoholism

Alcoholics Anonymous Video | DonInLondon | Life Works In Recovery |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 1 Bill's Story |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 2 There Is A Solution |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 3 More About Alcoholism |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 4 We Agnostics |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 5 How It Works |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 6 Into Action |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 7 Working With Others |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 8 To Wives |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 9 The Family Afterward |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 10 To Employers |

AA Big Book Video | Chapter 11 A Vision For You |

No comments: