Wednesday 1 June 2011

Alcoholics Anonymous Daily Video June1 Desiderata



Seven years sober today... calm this morning.. Day by day, a journey made possible with the support of fellowship.. "Newcomers" to "Old timers," thankful for the many still on the path and remembering those who have perished along the way, love and gratitude...

June & July Steps six and seven in the daily reflections. Step six days, all about events which evoke fear, a desire to hide our truth and put on a brave face and ego comes rising. Or step seven days where events evoke courage, faith and confidence.. If I know how I feel, I know how to deal...

Step 6 is a step of preparation and reflection. I have been preparing for a significant change in my life and now I need to make sure that I am ready. I need to make sure in my own heart and mind that I am truly willing for God to remove these defects of character that have enabled my addictive behaviors. It might mean letting go of other things in my life in order to allow God to do the work that needs to be done. I need to determine if I am truly ready.

AA Daily Reflections ~ "A CHANGED OUTLOOK Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 84

When I was drinking, my attitude was totally selfish, totally self-centered; my pleasure and my comfort came first. Now that I am sober, self-seeking has started to slip away. My whole attitude toward life and other people is changing. For me, the first “A” in our name stands for attitude. My attitude is changed by the second “A” in our name, which stands for action. By working the Steps, attending meetings, and carrying the message, I can be restored to sanity. Action is the magic word! With a positive, helpful attitude and regular A.A. action, I can stay sober and help others to achieve sobriety. My attitude now is that I am willing to go to any length to stay sober!"


"The A.A. Steps & Traditions are neither rules, regulations, nor laws. Perhaps the secret of their power lies in the fact that these life-giving communications spring out of living experience and are rooted in love." 1. A.A. COMES OF AGE, P. 105." "We find it amazing that the newcomer can start the A.A. program without any specific beliefs or, for that matter, without any beliefs whatsoever. All a person needs is the open-mindedness and the willingness to believe that WE BELIEVE this program works..."

Spiritual principles to live life "real" ~ "Forgiveness" "Acceptance" "Surrender" "Faith" "Open-mindedness" "Honesty" "Willingness" "Moral-inventory" "Amends" "Humility" "Persistence" "Spiritual-growth" "Service"

Step 6 "Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character"

Alcoholics Anonymous Videos, DonInLondon, Life Works In Recovery, Addiction And Recovery Videos, Alcoholic, Alcoholism

Alcoholics Anonymous Video | DonInLondon | Life Works In Recovery |

No comments: