Thursday 25 August 2011

August 25 | Steps In Action Alcoholics Anonymous


August 25 | Steps In Action Alcoholics Anonymous



DonInLondon A desire to stop drinking is the only requirement, no rules laws and regulations. Anarchic democracy without leaders and everyone is a trusted servant. Always sharing experience strength and hope and everyone can let off
steam. We are learning to live life, open honest and willing in unity service and recovery. We learn our part in the big picture and life on life's terms. Freedom to choose always...

Life balance can be at odds with modern virtues, to become top at a single element of life. Driven by: ambition and self-will, adulation for being famous as: an athlete, a pop star, a celebrity, a business person, a politician, a guru, a drunk. One
skill: in pursuit of perfection. Burnt out and worn out too soon, the road of recovery, extraordinary ordinary, learning to love, be loved and truly useful one day at a time...

August 2008 ~ 2010

An emphatic NO is better than a half-hearted yes. Learning how to say NO: is one of the most difficult lessons for some of us in recovery. Learning not to get pulled into some situations with people and places means we can make better
choices about what we like doing and must do to be "ourselves" each and every day...

Inclusion, choices and love today: these are possible today, not guaranteed and not certain. No longer isolated in a malady, now more open to being a part of life around me. When I reach out to help or ask for help, I may need do this as often
as I can, as I include then others include me in what is happening today...
-/-

AA Daily Reflections ~ "August 25 Step 8 Daily Reflections Video Reading: The gift of bonding... Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. [big book]

Many times in my alcoholic state, I drank to establish a bond between myself and others, but I succeeded only in establishing the bondage of alcoholic loneliness. Through the A.A. way of life, I have received the gift of bonding – with those who
were there before me, with those who are there now, and with those yet to come. For this gracious gift from God, I am forever grateful."


-/-

Spiritual principles to live life "real" ~ "Forgiveness" "Acceptance" "Surrender" "Faith" "Open-mindedness" "Honesty" "Willingness" "Moral-inventory" "Amends" "Humility" "Persistence" "Spiritual-growth" "Service"

"Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all."

~ From 12Step.org

Step 8 is the beginning of making amends, of healing the past with others. From the inventory of Step 4, I have a good starting place for making a list of people that I have harmed. I look over my personal inventory and possibly reflect on my life
again. I make a list of the people that I have harmed. I can write down thoughts beside each name about what the appropriate amends might be. I then go through the list and make sure I am willing in my heart to make the amends.
-/-

~ From A.A. COMES OF AGE

"The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. The A.A. Steps & Traditions are neither rules, regulations, nor laws. Perhaps the secret of their power lies in the fact that these life-giving communications spring out of living
experience and are rooted in love." ~ "We find it amazing that the newcomer can start the A.A. program without any specific beliefs or, for that matter, without any beliefs whatsoever. All a person needs is the open-mindedness and the
willingness to believe that WE BELIEVE this program works..."
-/-
DonInLondon, Life Works, Alcoholics Anonymous, AA 12 Steps, 12 Steps AA, Addiction And Recovery, Addict, Alcoholic, Alcoholism

No comments: