Friday 11 November 2011

November 11 | AA 12 Steps In Action |

November 11 | AA 12 Steps In Action |



Acceptance of life on life’s terms, acceptance I am powerless over people, places and things. Forgiving of everyone, we are the best we can be even when it feels the worst for others. All these things help with self acceptance, progress not perfect and sober today…


Judge not? We all need see the world as it is and make decisions about what to do next. I can change me, my attitudes and behaviour. I cannot change you. And when I judge not, can forgive me and accept the world is as it may be, I feel included and not on the outside looking in today…


DonInLondon 2005-2010


November 11 2010 ~ 11/11/ a day to remember all conflicts. I remember my Dad and his life experiences, the impact of war and peace. His last few days were sober after decades of being lost. In recovery I have learned to understand what happened, to be able to feel compassion, to love others, to be loved back and useful today...


November 11 2010 ~ reality is our spiritual living. What we do today, our attitudes and behaviour is the sum total of our spiritual endeavours. From the darkest moments to the lightest, our conduct today in recovery is the measure we have of our sobriety. Sometimes we feel right with the world, sometimes not, the choice is ours today... -/-


AA Daily Reflections ~ "SELF-ACCEPTANCE" We know that God lovingly watches over us. We know that when we turn to Him, all will be well with us, here and hereafter. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 105


I pray for the willingness to remember that I am a child of God, a divine soul in human form, and that my most basic and urgent life-task is to accept, know, love and nurture myself. As I accept myself, I am accepting God’s will. As I know and love myself, I am knowing and loving God. As I nurture myself I am acting on God’s guidance. I pray for the willingness to let go of my arrogant self-criticism, and to praise God by humbly accepting and caring for myself." -/-

No comments: