Wednesday 23 November 2011

November 23 | AA 12 Steps In Action |

November 23 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







Just because you are good at something does not mean you should. We can become excellent in many roles in life; it does not mean it is good for us or even the path we should take. Sometimes necessity drives us, nature and providence, economy and need. Freedom of choice takes time and need be based on reality, not fantasy. Spiritual is reality and living it, fantasy is often based on superstition, dreams and fear that reality cannot live up to our expectations today…



If you ask for help, I can suggest and support but not instruct. If I ask for help, listen and make better choices I learn and grow. I need enough fear to keep safe, enough faith to broaden my experience. And sometimes learning is at the extremes of feeling and often more helpful when there is a balance in feelings and experiences. When we take it to the limit all the time, we can break and some never recover to live a life again…



What may get in the way of my emotional and spiritual growth? Not knowing what emotional and spiritual growth means to me, because for years it was going on, limited by my outlook and starved by my lack of understanding. Today I realise it is so simple I could not see it. To live open, honest and willing, to learn what my feelings are right now and cope with the situation I am having today…



Emotional ~ a conscious mental reaction (as anger or fear) experienced as strong feeling usually directed toward a specific incident causing physiological and behavioural changes in the body. And the spiritual experience, for me is living in the moment where feelings fit with reality, not exaggerate or underplayed. I feel the moment and can cope with what is going on today…



DonInLondon 2005-2010



November 23 2010 ~ if I am learning who I am on a daily basis, living reality and not fantasy, feeling the moment of now, happy or sad as life experience is, then I am fit spiritually. With humility, the capacity to keep learning continues. So easy to falter, become judgmental and prejudiced, then I block my spiritual progress and likely yours too today...



November 23 2010 ~ I can feel hurt by my history, and if I fall into what if's and why not's I am stuck. I need see the world as it is today, feel the feelings and understand them, not push away half of what nature has given me. Anger and resentments are part of what we feel daily until we accept life on life's terms. I accept I am human today...

-/-



AA Daily Reflections ~ "ONLY TWO SINS" there are only two sins; the first is to interfere with the growth of another human being, and the second is to interfere with one’s own growth. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 542



Happiness is such an elusive state. How often do my “prayers” for others involve “hidden” prayers for my own agenda? How often is my search for happiness a boulder in the path of growth for another, or even myself? Seeking growth through humility and acceptance brings things that appear to be anything but good, wholesome and vital. Yet in looking back, I can see that pain, struggles and setbacks have all contributed eventually to serenity through growth in the program. I ask my Higher Power to help me not cause another’s lack of growth today — or my own."

-/-

No comments: