Wednesday 14 December 2011

December 14 | AA 12 Steps In Action

December 14 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







Dear higher power can you please help me forgive myself for being a learner today. My mistakes anger me if I feel fear and shame and try cover up. Better I share I can be a fuckwit and include them in my learning. Forgiving myself for my fuckwittery, I can forgive them for theirs. I am restored to wittery, just for today…



Our primary purpose in living might be described as being able to love, be loved back and useful. We seem to start life with love if we are fortunate. Life experience can take us to many places, to hate be hated and destructive. The upside of life and the downside of life and every place in between, and we can feel both almost in the same moment. Loving people love, hurt people hurt. Forgiveness is key…



DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 14 2010 ~ A moment of clarity... I woke up one January morning, suffering as usual from the awful effects of drinking 24/7. I was still breathing and alive. Every attempt to stop drinking on my own had failed. On the brink, it felt like it could get no worse, finally I genuinely asked for help, and then everything changed...



December 14 2010 ~ early days in fellowship, no one told me what to do. All people did was talk about themselves, they called it sharing experience, strength and hope, day after day. 2387 sober days later, the same is true, no change there! As for me, everything has changed in me and my attitudes, one day at a time...



AA Daily Reflections ~ "REACHING OUT Never talk down to an alcoholic from any moral or spiritual hilltop; simply lay out the kit of spiritual tools for his inspection. Show him how they worked with you. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 95



When I come into contact with a newcomer, do I have a tendency to look at him from my perceived angle of success in A.A.? Do I compare him with the large number of acquaintances I have made in the Fellowship? Do I point out to him in a magisterial way the voice of A.A.? What is my real attitude toward him? I must examine myself whenever I meet a newcomer to make sure that I am carrying the message with simplicity, humility and generosity. The one who still suffers from the terrible disease of alcoholism must find in me a friend who will allow him to get to know the A.A. way, because I had such a friend when I arrived in A.A. Today it is my turn to hold out my hand, with love, to my sister or brother alcoholic, and to show her or him the way to happiness."

-/-


No comments: