Friday 16 December 2011

December 16 | AA 12 Steps In Action

December 16 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







Today's AA Daily Reflections "PARTNERS IN RECOVERY ~ nothing will so much insure immunity from drinking as intensive work with other alcoholics ." Partners and equal, not teacher and pupil. The most important person is always the newcomer. Partnership in fellowship. No hierarchy and no presumption of my way or the highway...


The question of appropriate sharing in meetings came up. I am reminded recovery is “Just for today.” An old timer suggests our later sobriety sharing need be more mature, while newcomers share all of what is on their mind. An honest share from anyone need not be selective nor judged as inappropriate or appropriate. If I cannot say it in a meeting, where can I say it?



Emotional and spiritual living; where feelings fit the experience of now. Feelings change every second as the experience of "now" is changing every second. But if we are stuck in an old feeling, we cannot experience reality as it is; we are not in the moment of now. I was stuck in fear for years, needed help and "step by step" arrived in the world of now and still learn how to cope daily, feeling happy or sad as life is, without the wreckage of the past and not tortured by the future today...



DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 16 2010 ~ I have learned I can love people, and hate their behaviour. I realise in the malady of addiction, family and friends loved me and hated my behaviour. In fellowship we may not like the way some people behave, and not like them, just like ordinary life. We still love them, partners in recovery, and life today...



December 16 2010 ~ In a palace, in a bedsit, homeless on a park bench, the prison of addiction is the same, insanity and imprisoned, no emotional or spiritual respite from pain. In recovery, we share experience strength and hope, from a palace, in a bedsit, homeless on a park bench, emotional and spiritual balance restored as it may be today...



AA Daily Reflections ~ "PARTNERS IN RECOVERY ~ nothing will so much insure immunity from drinking as intensive work with other alcoholics ... Both you and the new man must walk day by day in the path of spiritual progress... Follow the dictates of a Higher Power and you will presently live in a new and wonderful world, no matter what your present circumstances! ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, pp. 89, 100



Doing the right things for the right reasons — this is my way of controlling my selfishness and self-centeredness. I realize that my dependency on a Higher Power clears the way for peace of mind, happiness and sobriety. I pray each day that I will avoid my previous actions, so that I will be helpful to others."

-/-

No comments: