Saturday 17 December 2011

December 17 | AA 12 Steps In Action

December 17 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







Dear higher power, how are you feeling this morning? Yesterday was wonderful, I set my expectations to zero in the morning, was hugged three times. Asked for nothing and got nothing. Did not think I deserved anything, and did not get anything. And was silly happy all day and full of gratitude, smiling till my face ached…



Extremes in feeling and as a consequence extreme in thinking leading to extremes in action provide a rush in our physical chemistry. Extreme experiences! Highs and lows over and over lead to burn out. Loss of perspective is the consequence. “River deep, mountain high.” There is no rush to serenity, serenity is always with us when we accept it…



Sharing the real truth means real truth can be shared back rather than a “load of bull truth today.” Bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people. We are not always good and not always bad. I feel better knowing I am not being singled out for special treatment either way. When I am open honest and willing, tell the truth about my situation, wisdom can come from any source rather than me and my attitudes, opinion and beliefs…



DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 17 2010 ~ when I work with others in fellowship I realise we are all similar in one respect, at first we don't want to stop drinking, because we relied so heavily on it, then as we find in sobriety becomes more attractive than the alternative, a return to a slow and painful end, sober we become free to make choices just for a day...





December 17 2010 ~ "life will take on new meaning" When I read this in early days, I was bitter and resentful, a life without alcohol! Today, I am happy or sad, my feelings fit the experience I am having. I have all my feelings back, right sized for today. Leaning on the many, we can recover, find truth, love and wisdom in the moment of now...



AA Daily Reflections ~ "A PRICELESS REWARD work with other alcoholics... It works when other activities fail. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 89



“Life will take on a new meaning,” as the Big Book says (p. 89) This promise has helped me to avoid self-seeking and self-pity. To watch others grow in this wonderful program, to see them improve the quality of their lives, is a priceless reward for my effort to help others. Self-examination is yet another reward for on going recovery, as are serenity, peace and contentment. The energy derived from seeing others on a successful path, of sharing with them the joys of the journey, gives to my life a new meaning."

-/-

No comments: