Friday 23 December 2011

December 23 | AA 12 Steps In Action |

December 23 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







Dear higher power, I went to the after a meeting last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I shared about the old life, where work and career took over and I became a workaholic. I would always say yes to each new challenge. I now know just because I may have been good at something it does not mean that is what I should be doing. Life is completely different today, I say yes to what is good for me and now know, that the word no is a complete sentence…



The daily reflections are all about unity service and recovery today. Unity, it is the many voices in Fellowship which make the difference. Service, by just being there we are part of Fellowship. And recovery is always just one day long. We share experience strength and hope, which changes as we change and we are no longer a hostage to our past. Now that is a miracle if…



Without doubt learning how to put the 12 steps into practice has made the difference for me. Not driven by fear and no need for a brave face and no ego to blind me. Now with enough courage faith and confidence one day I live free from fear and unfair obligations. I choose and fit with life and people around me today. Life will always have its ups and downs, and it was ever thus…



DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 23 2010 ~ I strive daily to be: open, honest and willing. Knowing how I am feeling, why and what to do next to live truth in the moment. When my feelings match my current situation I feel grounded today. Whether my feelings are happy or sad, if they fit my current life situation, I am not in denial. I do not need to "fake it to make it today..."





December 23 2010 ~ unity service and recovery offer me freedom to share a message of experience strength and hope. One voice amongst many today, we are all unique and authentic on our emotional and spiritual path. The gift of wisdom from others, those still in the problem or happily in the solution, helps me on my path of living for today...



AA Daily Reflections ~ "RECOVERY, UNITY, SERVICE Our Twelfth Step — carrying the message — is the basic service that AA’s Fellowship gives; this is our principal aim and the main reason for our existence. THE LANGUAGE OF THE HEART, P. 160



I thank God for those who came before me, those who told me not to forget the Three Legacies: Recovery, Unity and Service. In my home group, the Three Legacies were described on a sign which said: “You take a three-legged stool, try to balance it on only one leg, or two. Our Three Legacies must be kept intact. In Recovery, we get sober together; in Unity, we work together for the good of our Steps and Traditions; and through Service-we give away freely what has been given to us.” One of the chief gifts of my life has been to know that I will have no message to give, unless I recover in unity with A.A. principles."

-/-

No comments: