Saturday 24 December 2011

December 24 | AA 12 Steps In Action |

December 24 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







Today's daily reflection: “a sane and happy usefulness.” I'm reminded of a saying, “the usefulness of any vessel is in its emptiness.” When I found Fellowship, I was full of pain, remorse, guilt and shame. It did not take long to find there was a big gap growing, it was quite frightening. Then life got busy, helping others and learning a new life. I still have gaps, and they are very useful for love, peace and serenity… Now I understand what it is to love be loved and useful…



Dear higher power, how you today? I woke early, smiling and happy. A friend came round with a wonderful dinner for me. Then later I went to a meeting; with new friends red raw and old friends at peace, in harmony. All in this one day, knowing more about how to live life real, acknowledging life is difficult, and when we accept it is difficult, it is no longer daunting, and we can cope with reality.



Last night’s meeting the promises was wonderful. Full the friends, some I see almost every day, some I see just once a year. A common understanding: about pain, about love about peace and serenity. We come together for an hour, share and make sense of how we got now, and what to do just for a day.





DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 24 2010 ~ enjoy today as it may be... Life used to feel like an endurance attempt on a daily basis. I realise now of course that I can have a step six day, all about endurance, extremes of fear and brave facing. Or I can have a step seven day with fortitude: courage, faith and confidence. Humility helps me be able to learn with love and tolerance of me and everyone today...





December 24 2010 ~ there is a book called "Drop the Rock." Letting go unhealthy old ways and beginning afresh each and every day. From dropping the old thinking and feeling different about life. From endurance and hanging on to enjoyment. From dark to light even when life is as difficult can be we keep learning just for today...





AA Daily Reflections ~ "A “SANE AND HAPPY USEFULNESS” we have come to believe He would like us to keep our heads in the clouds with Him, but that our feet ought to be firmly planted on earth. That is where our fellow travellers are, and that is where our work must be done. These are the realities for us. We have found nothing incompatible between a powerful spiritual experience and a life of sane and happy usefulness. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 130



All the prayer and meditation in the world will not help me unless they are accompanied by action. Practicing the principles in all my affairs shows me the care that God takes in all parts of my life. God appears in my world when I move aside, and allow Him to step into it."

-/-

No comments: