Sunday 25 December 2011

December 25 | AA 12 Steps In Action |

December 25 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







Christmas day, very quiet and very gentle start the day. Gradually getting in touch with family with Skype I've seen six relatives! 2 to go. All-day meeting at flood Street and AA jamboree. I will be there for a while. And then Christmas dinner with friends tonight. A light touch, expectations set to 0, and it will be a good day.



Today's daily reflections is about at peace with life. And we can be at peace with life as long as we keep it in the moment and don't project and don't expect and try to be of service. If I try to be of service it means it's not about me and it's all about harmony. And if I can be harmonious today, it might work tomorrow. We never know till we get there, and getting their sober makes all the difference…



Dear higher power I went out to a late meeting at Eaton square. Lots of people who I know with great sharing and a chair from the heart. A lot of laughter and a lot of memories of Christmas past. It ain't how it used to be! I don't know what the promises were for me, all I can say is life is real full of love and full of peace. So long as I don't try to run the show, thy not my way on the big highway today…



DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 25 2010 ~ serenity: at peace with life today. Tolerance and love, accepting life as it is today and that life is always difficult. I do not need to be right or control anyone or anything. Tolerance and love means, I have my outlook and opinions, same as everyone shared with humility today...





December 25 2010 ~ our connection to reality: where we all reside in the moment of now offers continuous learning about life as it really is today. I can do what is good for me, be included, love people, to be loved back and useful. Sometimes excluded? Yes, that can be appropriate today...





AA Daily Reflections ~ "AT PEACE WITH LIFE every day is a day when we must carry the vision of Gods will into all of our activities. How can I best serve Thee — Thy will (not mine) be done. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 85



I read this passage each morning, to start off my day, because it is a continual reminder to practice these principles in all my affairs. When I keep Gods will at the forefront of my mind, I am able to do what I should be doing, and that puts me at peace with life, with myself and with God."

-/-

No comments: