Thursday 29 December 2011

December 29 | AA 12 Steps In Action |

December 29 | AA 12 Steps In Action |





Today's daily reflection all about the joy of recovery. It truly is difficult to remember how hard it was to find peace and serenity back in the day when I was in control of everything, or so I thought. There was genuine love and joy as I knew it, but it turned to dust so easily when things went wrong. Today it's okay when things don't work out because I learn from it. How to love, be loved back and simply useful for a day. No matter how many hard knocks, I can always ask for help, the joy of inclusion one day at a time…



Emotional, spiritual and physical rock bottom. That was it for me, and I had no idea how to cope with a complete breakdown in my outlook. If it hadn't been for fellowship, some the same as me, confused, and many with recovery, not confused, living just this one day my life would have been over. Today and just for today, life works and fellowship rocks…



Dear higher power how you today? Do you remember back in the day when I thought I knew it all about other people and their situations? I was very good at resolving issues for them. But I did not know how to resolve my own, and I had to admit I was completely powerless over alcohol and life was unmanageable. Nowadays, it's in the moment for me and asking for help is joy, I need never be alone again, and I know it okay to be me, learning life just for today…

DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 29 2010 ~ Joy in recovery... synonyms: beatitude, blessedness, bliss, blissfulness, felicity, gladness, happiness, warm fuzzies ... antonyms: calamity, ill-being, misery, sadness, unhappiness, wretchedness. Goods news we learn how to be ourselves in all these feelings, to cope with the reality of now. Less denial and more living in the moment today...





December 29 2010 ~ having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs. Acceptance ~ Surrender ~ Faith ~ Open Mindedness ~ Honesty ~ Willingness ~ Moral Inventory ~ Amends ~ Humility ~ Persistence ~ Spiritual Growth ~ Service; All for today!





THE JOY OF LIVING therefore the joy of good living is the theme of A.A.’s Twelfth Step. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 125



A.A. is a joyful program! Even so, I occasionally balk at taking the necessary steps to move ahead, and find myself resisting the very actions that could bring about the joy I want. I would not resist if those actions did not touch some vulnerable area of my life, an area that needs hope and fulfilment. Repeated exposure to joyfulness has a way of softening the hard, outer edges of my ego. Therein lies the power of joyfulness to help all members of A.A.



AA Daily Reflections ~ "THE JOY OF LIVING therefore the joy of good living is the theme of A.A.’s Twelfth Step. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 125



A.A. is a joyful program! Even so, I occasionally balk at taking the necessary steps to move ahead, and find myself resisting the very actions that could bring about the joy I want. I would not resist if those actions did not touch some vulnerable area of my life, an area that needs hope and fulfilment. Repeated exposure to joyfulness has a way of softening the hard, outer edges of my ego. Therein lies the power of joyfulness to help all members of A.A."

-/-

No comments: