Tuesday 6 December 2011

December 3 | AA 12 Steps In Action

December 3 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







To practice these principles in all our affairs, the twelve steps: It is not a tall order for anyone as we accomplish so much more sober. We are not bound by doctrine or dogma, we develop freedom of choice and live to good choices more often as we live and learn today…



DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 3 2010 ~ conscious contact with reality... When my feelings match the experience I am having, my attitudes and behaviour show me the principles of the twelve steps are working in the moment of now. Emotional and spiritual wellbeing, feelings and reality in the moment and just for today...





December 3 2010 ~ step twelve, practicing these principles daily, wisdom improves my attitudes and behaviour. I experience life on life's terms, feelings and reality, when I know the mood I am in; I know my thinking is based on truth, love and wisdom. Mood, feelings and reality, my thinking is clearer just for today...



AA Daily Reflections ~ "IN ALL OUR AFFAIRS we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 106



I find that carrying the message of recovery to other alcoholics is easy because it helps me to stay sober and it provides me with a sense of well-being about my own recovery. The hard part is practicing these principles in all my affairs. It is important that I share the benefits I receive from A.A., especially at home. Doesn’t my family deserve the same patience, tolerance and understanding I so readily give to the alcoholic? When reviewing my day I try to ask, “Did I have a chance to be a friend today and miss it?” ” Did I have a chance to rise above a nasty situation and avoid it?” “Did I have a chance to say ‘I’m sorry,’ and refuse to?” Just as I ask God for help with my alcoholism each day, I ask for help in extending my recovery to include all situations and all people!"

-/-

No comments: