Tuesday 6 December 2011

December 4 | AA 12 Steps In Action

December 4 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







Open, honest and willing my actions will be decided not just by me, but the wisdom I learn from others. Open I share, honest people hear what I believe to be true, and always willing to change today…



DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 4 2010 ~ A.A. All About - Action. When I become complacent in fellowship, I may sit back, listen and expect my life to be fixed by just being there. Before fellowship I was active finding the next fix, the next drink. In recovery action is key. As I share experience strength and hope, sober feels right and is my reality today...





December 4 2010 ~ A.A. All About Sober. And all about action, the twelve steps, to be open, honest and willing to work at life. I could be a tourist today, or I can do something useful for my fellows. We can relax and we can work at changing, find balance when it is possible. Life works when we face reality sober today...





AA Daily Reflections ~ "INTO ACTION December 4 A.A. is more than a set of principles; it is a society of alcoholics in action. We must carry the message, else we ourselves can wither and those who haven’t been given the truth may die. AS BILL SEES IT, p. 13



I desperately wanted to live, but if I was to succeed, I had to become active in our God-given program. I joined what became my group, where I opened the hall, made coffee, and cleaned up. I had been sober about three months when an old timer told me I was doing Twelfth-Step work. What a satisfying realization that was! I felt I was really accomplishing something. God had given me a second chance, A.A. had shown me the way, and these gifts were not only free – they were also priceless! Now the joy of seeing newcomers grow reminds me of where I have come from, where I am now, and the limitless possibilities that lie ahead. I need to attend meetings because they recharge my batteries so that I have light when it’s needed. I’m still a beginner in service work, but already I am receiving more than I’m giving. I can’t keep it unless I give it away. I am responsible when another reaches out for help. I want to be there – sober."

-/-

No comments: