Thursday 8 December 2011

December 8 | AA 12 Steps In Action

December 8 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







The “higher powerful” will help do what I cannot do for myself. Where is my higher power today? In truth, it is you and you and you… Powerful wisdom comes through others about sober, spiritual, dealing with my feelings, not expecting or deserving. Simply able to love, be loved and useful. All far better than a fix with a powerful high…



Am I spiritually fit this morning? I feel okay, my thinking is straight and so far I have behaved myself so far. But it’s early. Service is the key in daily reflections today and I am up for the challenge. The song "why is everyone always picking on me?" comes to the newcomers mind if I be a zealot today. Easy does it, stealthy and ready, I can be a “do gooder,” or simply do good if asked. If asked I will answer, freedom of choice is always key for everyone today...



DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 8 2010 ~ Principles of unity, service and recovery, helps me keep learning how to be, "in the truest sense, an open channel of sobriety." Open, honest and willing to share: experience, strength and hope with courage, faith and confidence. One voice of the many voices finding truth, love and wisdom for today...



December 8 2010 ~ Service in the fellowship enriches us and those we help. We never lose our uniqueness or authenticity; we simply keep learning more about who we are daily. As we grow, others grow and our life choices become more diverse. In recovery anything is possible with the life we have now, based on reality and sober today...



AA Daily Reflections ~ "SERVICE December 8 Life will take on a new meaning. To watch people recover, to see them help others, to watch loneliness vanish, to see a fellowship grow up about you. to have a host of friends – this is an experience you must not miss. . . . Frequent contact with newcomers and with each other is the bright spot of our lives. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 89



It is through service that the greatest rewards are to be found. But to be in a position of offering true, useful and effective service to others, I must first work on myself. This means that I have to abandon myself to God, admitting my faults and clearing away the wreckage of my past. Work on myself has taught me how to find the necessary peace and serenity to successfully merge inspiration and experience. I have learned how to be, in the truest sense, an open channel of sobriety."



-/-

No comments: