Sunday 1 January 2012

January 1 | AA 12 Steps In Action |

January 1 | AA 12 Steps In Action |





"I admit that I am powerless over alcohol—that my life has become unmanageable." January 1, 2012, I feel so happy these days to admit that I am powerless over and if I were to drink again I would find myself back in an unmanageable life. It is so simple, that this complicated intellectual could not believe it. All I needed to do was stop hiding and trying to control everything and ask for help.



Every morning I say to myself step one I am powerless over alcohol and if I took a drink life gets unmanageable, step two I can be restored to sanity a daily basis contingent on knowing my spiritual condition and step three let go knowing the answers and ask for the answers from others. And the serenity prayer, God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference. Then I ask myself how am I feeling, why and what will be the impact it is mood continues? If it's a good mood and I feel okay, I most likely will think okay, and my actions during the day are likely to be in the solution rather than concentrating on problems.



And I also need to remind myself that it is okay to keep on learning and making mistakes. It is better I don't know the answer, before I get there or where ever I am. A mutual solution will lead to inclusion and not exclusion. And all I am doing is living this one day where everything happens and anything can happen now I have my eyes open…



DonInLondon 2005-2011



January 1 2011 ~ A new year, I was still up pottering around at three this new years morning, pondering over what is in my cupboards I have not used for the last year and what do I need and what do I want. I told myself whatever I need do will become obvious as the day progresses... So far so good!



As Bill Sees It ~} Personality Change ~ "It has often been said of A.A. that we are interested only in alcoholism. That is not true. We have to get over drinking in order to stay alive. But anyone who knows the alcoholic personality by first hand contact knows that no true alky ever stops drinking permanently without undergoing a profound personality change."

We thought "conditions" drove us to drink, and when we tried to correct these conditions and found that we couldn't do so to our entire satisfaction, our drinking went out of hand and we became alcoholics. It never ocurred to us that we needed to change ourselves to meet conditions, whatever they were.

1. LETTER, 1940

2. TWELVE AND TWELVE, P. 47

-/-

No comments: