Tuesday 10 January 2012

January 10 | AA 12 Steps In Action | 2012 |

January 10 | AA 12 Steps In Action |



Today's daily reflection "united we stand," the steps, to be open honest and willing, and the traditions, unity service and recovery. Steps: for personal development and traditions: to keep fellowship safe for everyone, suicide and homicide prevention one day at a time…





I didn't have a clue about how to live any more when I got to AA. And as a raw recruit, dealing with the first step, powerless over alcohol and unmanageable living was more than enough to try and understand. I could just about manage the idea of open honest and willing to learn life again, the rest confusion and put aside for later sobriety…



At first I tried to make the steps work for me, to fit with what I thought was right. And very quickly I learned, I needed to work the steps to find out what was right in the world, the truth of now, dealing with the past and learning how to live one day at a time…



We often say that we have gratitude for what the fellowship of AA does for us, forgetting that fellowship is "what you see is what you get" just for today. And just for today each group and meeting is the fellowship! Our daily basis our connection is as good as it gets. Sometimes brilliant, most of the time simply making progress and nowhere near perfect…



DonInLondon 2005-2011



Kahlil Gibran "Say not, 'I have found the truth,' but rather, 'I have found a truth.'" -/- “Living In The Moment” ~ nature, providence, the universe, beyond definition… happily for me on day at a time



Unity, service and recovery keeps us safe and strong in fellowship. When asked to do service, how do we know when it is right to say yes, and right to say no?



-/-



UNITED WE STAND JANUARY 10, 2012

We learned that we had to fully concede to our innermost selves that we were alcoholics. This is the first step in recovery. The delusion that we are like other people, or presently may be, has to be smashed. Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 30



I came to Alcoholics Anonymous because I was no longer able to control my drinking. It was either my wife’s complaining about my drinking, or maybe the sheriff forced me to go to A.A. meetings, or perhaps I knew, deep down inside, that I couldn’t drink like others, but I was unwilling to admit it because the alternative terrified me. Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women united against a common, fatal disease. Each one of our lives is linked to every other, much like the survivors on a life raft at sea. If we all work together, we can get safely to shore.

-/-

No comments: