Monday 9 January 2012

January 9 | AA 12 Steps In Action | 2012 |

January 9 | AA 12 Steps In Action |

Today's AA daily reflection, all about "an act of providence" and it can be quite easy to see why any intervention which changes our lives to the good and sticks tight is surely providence. My sister threw me into a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous and this did change my life completely. I didn't like it, but it did the trick in the end…



Developing courage faith and fortitude is an act of providence. The nature of the act of providence, was acceptance that I could not beat alcoholism and that I needed help to develop an outlook of sober one day at a time. And providence was learning it's not a fight, it is a completely new way of living keeping the good and learning the new…



And as a friend of mine said last night "everything we need really is in the serenity prayer, God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference" that simple and yet so complicated when we start to think about it…



A meeting last night, in the bowels of Flood Street! Crowded, hot and sweaty. A wonderful chair which reminded me I had to change my life completely and give up any idea of the old career. My new career may not be mapped into the far distant future, it's just a simple guide one day at a time, to love, be loved back and useful…



DonInLondon 2005-2011



Freedom ~ Thomas Jefferson "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." -/-

Providence ~ “often capitalized : divine guidance or care”



-/-

No comments: