Thursday 16 February 2012

February 16 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 2 | 2012

February 16 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 2 | 2012 | Today's AA daily reflection: "from tourist and watcher to citizen and worker." With TV reality and talent shows, we watch and judge and similarly we can be observers, rather than doers in our own lives. Addicted to success, judging it in others and not looking at what we do day by day, we can be passive awaiting answers and not knowing the questions. Sober, I am more engaged in "doing" through service and commitment. The quality of life I have today is contingent on me working life and reality and coping with it…Back in the day I became a very good judge of the world around me and could find the good, and equally find fault and for a long time I was a problem solver and decision-maker. And then I lost the plot. In recovery, the gift of engaging and being part of life, being part of the solution and not the problem keeps me on my toes and aware of what I do and not what others do today…



What are the right principles and attitudes? We can only find this out for ourselves and at the same time the principles of unity service and recovery keep me involved and engaged in Fellowship day-to-day. The three attitudes which are espoused in our programme are about being open, honest and willing to change. Open, honest and willing to change is a daily occurrence. The saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is not the answer for me, nothing is broken in recovery and nothing needs fixing, we simply keep on changing one day at a time as life changes one day at a time…



And from today's AA a daily reflection, "the wisdom to know the difference" just highlights what we can do and cannot do as the ingredients of life are an ever-changing recipe. What I could do yesterday may not be appropriate today. The solution today can be a problem tomorrow if I'm stuck and unyielding to changing circumstances. As M Scott Peck said, "life is difficult," and if we accept that life is difficult day by day, "difficult" is not the issue, it is how we change and adapt and find the solution in our actions and living today…





DonInLondon 2005-2011



To love, be loved and useful ..~ Erich Fromm "Immature love says "I love you because I need you." Mature love says "I need you because I love you." -/- What is love? Beyond definition always. Love is a feeling...



Love.. either we are all in or all out.. ~ Rollo May "Hate is not the opposite of love; apathy is." My Father, on his death bed said to me, "three words to consider how we treat ourselves and others" We "Cherish" or are "Superficial" and "Indifferent"



Embrace all our feelings and we learn to know them ~ Rollo May "Courage is not the absence of despair; it is, rather, the capacity to move ahead in spite of despair." -/- Back in the Day too much: Fear, Brave Facing, Ego, more in this day: courage, faith and confidence..



Let go, let in the good of now, from conscience, wisdom of others and the truth of now ~ Rollo May "Human freedom involves our capacity to pause, to choose the one response toward which we wish to throw our weight." We do not deserve a particular life, we work at living and choices come..



Panic and Anxiety can make us frantic ~ Rollo May "It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way." A steady path and course allow us to increase our pace as we respond from wisdom and not react in blind fear..



AA Daily Reflection: COMMITMENT ~ FEBRUARY 16, Understanding is the key to right principles and attitudes, and right action is the key to good living. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 125



There came a time in my program of recovery when the third stanza of the Serenity Prayer — “The wisdom to know the difference” –became indelibly imprinted in my mind. From that time on, I had to face the ever-present knowledge that my every action, word and thought was within, or outside, the principles of the program. I could no longer hide behind self-rationalization, nor behind the insanity of my disease. The only course open to me, if I was to attain a joyous life for myself (and subsequently for those I love), was one in which I imposed on myself an effort of commitment, discipline, and responsibility.



Step 2 Reading Video Link:







"Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity"



-/-




No comments: