Thursday 23 February 2012

February 23 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 2 | 2012

February 23 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 2 | 2012 | Today's AA daily reflection: "paradoxes and growing pains." Alcoholics Anonymous, all about emotional and spiritual living. Or often described by me as my feelings fit the reality of my situation in the moment of now. If life is calm, my feelings and thinking and actions are likely to be calm. If life is at an extreme, my feelings and thinking and actions may be extreme. All good in the moment of now. It's not about suppression or hiding from the truth, it's dealing with the truth and coping with reality and just for a moment, a minute an hour and in this one day…



For years I have no clue what it was to be a complete emotional and spiritual individual. Only half my feelings seemed to be allowed and so half my feelings were hidden away and not developed, and the other half became overdeveloped to compensate. So I was not an all-rounder in the emotional and spiritual departments of life. Being restored to sanity on any given day can be contingent on asking the help from any source around me. And these days, anything in this world can be a higher power in the moment of now. If God works through people, all well and good and with a good conscience to help me and that inner voice of conscience my decision-making and actions improve day by day…



Sometimes though, we go two steps forward and one step backward or two steps backward and one step forward. Why not? Sometimes like in my life I had to start over from what seemed like the very beginning. And these days whatever happens because life is difficult we can go back to a new beginning simply because that is the reality of our situation. Nothing is lost in this economy unless we choose to see it as waste. Human life, it has always been this way and the more flexible we are in a more rounded we are in our emotional and spiritual outlook, that anything can happen, the more likely we change as life changes…



The only guarantee in life is that if I am sober I stand more chance to cope on a daily basis knowing what my feelings are and coping with each change in my life as it occurs. Better choices made and free choices often with discussion, often with a pause to reflect and very often completely spontaneous and in the moment… I don't have to second-guess everything any more, unless there is imminent danger or a risky situation in which case as my mother would say, "keep a sharp look out!"



DonInLondon 2005-2011



Happy truth becomes real, we fear less and have faith in being able to love with an open heart. Wonderful to express what sober life offers. Whether life is happy or sad, we are able to share our truth, express what is happening in the moment and in the day. We need never fear our real life experiences when we are open and share them. We live reality today...



Such is the paradox of A.A. regeneration: strength arising out of complete defeat and weakness, the loss of one’s old life as a condition for finding a new one ~ A.A. COMES OF AGE



The state of being grateful; warm and friendly feeling toward a benefactor; kindness awakened by a favor received; thankfulness



Attitude of gratitude - is in our daily actions, feelings and behaviour ~ John F. Kennedy "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -/- Lest we forget, actions speak louder than words..



Grateful for now, grateful for another step in potholes and puddles.. ~ Brian Tracy "To develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to us, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than our current situation.!" -/- Splish splash splosh..



Fellowship friends help us through the dark times and lighten our burdens ~ Albert Schweitzer "At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." -/- Sharing experience, strength and hope, a gift of providence..



All living is a two way street, we need include to be included, share and share alike ~ William Arthur Ward "Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." give freely, expect nothing and forgive everything..



AA Daily Reflection: MYSTERIOUS PARADOXES ~ FEBRUARY 23, Such is the paradox of A.A. regeneration: strength arising out of complete defeat and weakness, the loss of one’s old life as a condition for finding a new one. A.A. COMES OF AGE, p. 46



What glorious mysteries paradoxes are! They do not compute, yet when recognized and accepted, they reaffirm something in the universe beyond human logic. When I face a fear, I am given courage; when I support a brother or sister, my capacity to love myself is increased; when I accept a pain as part of the growing experience of life, I realize a greater happiness; when I look at my dark side, I am brought into new light; when I accept my vulnerabilities and surrender to a Higher Power, I am graced with unforeseen strength. I stumbled through the doors of A.A. in disgrace, expecting nothing from life, and I have been given hope and dignity. Miraculously, the only way to keep the gifts of the program is to pass them on.



Step 2 Reading Video Link:







"Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity"



-/-

No comments: