Friday 24 February 2012

February 24 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 2 | 2012

February 24 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 2 | 2012 | Today's AA daily reflection: "understanding emotional and spiritual life" when I forget that the twelve steps are all about my feelings fitting what is going on in the moment of now, I am lost in my history or often dreaming of the future. Whoever "they" are, they often say, "look back don't stare" and "keep it in the moment" and simply know the only place where sanity can be restored is today…



In recent meetings, many references to knowing we cannot control the way we feel, at the same time our thinking and actions are quite a different matter. Feelings are always developing about our situation and sometimes and hopefully often they are the wonderful feelings that life is good. Then in a split second, feelings can go up and down as life throws new information, people places and things evoking anything and everything. From heart stopping and heart thumping joy to heart stopping and heart thumping sadness. And anything in between! Our feelings impact on how we think and act and that is where we have choice moment by moment…



And the AA daily reflection, all about an attitude of gratitude, can be a challenge in itself. Being able to feel what is going on in my life in the moment of now, is a revelation. I used to walk away from situations and then feel good or bad about them because I had suppressed my feelings for so long. Even when life is painful I do have an attitude of gratitude, because I feel the pain and learn from it, usually what I can and cannot do and the wisdom to know the difference more or less in the moment of now…



Last nights "after eight" meeting, sensational for me! Why? Listening and hearing the truth about recovery, what it is like after eight years and more. At the same time a one day programme for people living one day at a time. A crowded room of one day people living in one day with a background of of least a thousand years of experience, strength and hope and wisdom of what we can and cannot do just in one day… Now that is a higher power helping me and restoring me to "sanity" and freedom of choice and action each and every day…



DonInLondon 2005-2011



Happy today? Me, a type 1 insulin dependent injecting diabetic, with clinical depression, diabetic neuropathy in back and limbs, broken bones in foot not healing, had lumps in groin now healing and nearly gone, tinitus, insomnia, two slipped dics L4 & L5, a trapped nerve and left foot drop. I am happy, sober and living reality today!



I’m alive, I’m sober, and I’m a Fellow in Alcoholics Anonymous. I try to live an “attitude of gratitude” experiencing reality. A fellow in fellowship helps me live life on life's terms, know how I am feeling, why and what I may do. Freedom of choice and changes are possible, just for today



The state of being grateful; warm and friendly feeling toward a benefactor; kindness awakened by a favor received; thankfulness



Attitude of gratitude - is in our daily actions, feelings and behaviour ~ John F. Kennedy "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -/- Lest we forget, actions speak louder than words..



Grateful for now, grateful for another step in potholes and puddles.. ~ Brian Tracy "To develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to us, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than our current situation.!" -/- Splish splash splosh..



Fellowship friends help us through the dark times and lighten our burdens ~ Albert Schweitzer "At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." -/- Sharing experience, strength and hope, a gift of providence..



All living is a two way street, we need include to be included, share and share alike ~ William Arthur Ward "Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." give freely, expect nothing and forgive everything..



AA Daily Reflection: A THANKFUL HEART ~ FEBRUARY 24, Try to hold fast to the truth that a full and thankful heart cannot entertain great conceits. When brimming with gratitude, one’s heartbeat must surely result in outgoing love, the finest emotion that we can ever know. AS BILL SEES IT, p. 37



My sponsor told me that I should be a grateful alcoholic and always have “an attitude of gratitude”–that gratitude was the basic ingredient of humility, that humility was the basic ingredient of anonymity, and that “anonymity was the spiritual foundation of all our Traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.” As a result of his guidance, I start every morning on my knees, thanking God for three things: I’m alive, I’m sober, and I’m a member of Alcoholics Anonymous. Then I try to live an “attitude of gratitude” and thoroughly enjoy another twenty-four hours of the A.A. way of life. A.A. is not something I joined; it’s something I live.



Step 2 Reading Video Link:







"Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity"



-/-

No comments: