Sunday 26 February 2012

February 26 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 2 | 2012

February 26 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 2 | 2012 | Today's AA daily reflection: "no ordinary success story." Fellowship, all about unity, service and recovery for everyone with a desire to stop drinking. A desire to stop drinking became the only criteria for including ourselves in fellowship. No rules, laws or regulations and there are no leaders who govern, we are all trusted servants with equal voice. Each group is autonomous within Fellowship and making decisions for themselves through group conscience and always in service, and with acceptance.



Unity, service and recovery works for us in the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous and in my life, having family, community and society values, which are consistent with fellowship values keeps me level headed and even handed contingent on my spiritual condition. The twelve steps help me daily with my spiritual condition: to be open and truthful, honest as best I can and willing to keep changing as life changes. I need to heed and listen to the wisdom of everyone around me so I may keep learning how to live and be a part of life...



Who wants to be a "one trick pony" only able to excel at one element in life? I know people talk about life balance yet we exult those who drive themselves toward one element of life, the most obvious being famous for one thing. I was talking to my sister a few moments ago about family matters, and the need to cherish and be kind. And how important it is for each person in the family to have their own identity and their own interests. Being good at one thing and driven addictively easily cuts a person off from the richness of our existence and the bigger world of now...



God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. What can I change today, and where is my serenity? It starts with being able to cope with reality and see and be interested in everything and being able to pick and choose interests and activities. All of which for me is rolled into unity, service and recovery. Plus life in general, family and friends and community and sharing a message and writing and photography and news and TV, the list is what it is ever-changing… Always with unconditional love, to love be loved back and useful in the moment of now…





DonInLondon 2005-2011



Courage to change, the theme this evening. From being stuck in the malady, to finding our solution one day at a time. I am thankful to be alive and part of a fellowship where we help each other as best we can. Sober we have a chance to live life as it is, real and deal with life on life's terms... change the things we can and wisdom to know the difference.



Step 2 "Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity"



AA Daily Reflection: NO ORDINARY SUCCESS STORY ~ FEBRUARY 26, A.A. is no success story in the ordinary sense of the word. It is a story of suffering transmuted, under grace, into spiritual progress. AS BILL SEES IT, p. 35



Upon entering A.A. I listened to others talk about the reality of their drinking: loneliness, terror and pain. As I listened further, I soon heard a description of a very different kind–the reality of sobriety. It is a reality of freedom and happiness, of purpose and direction, and of serenity and peace with God, ourselves and others. By attending meetings, I am reintroduced to that reality, over and over. I see it in the eyes and hear it in the voices of those around me. By working the program I find the direction and strength with which to make it mine. The joy of A.A. is that this new reality is available to me.



Step 2 Reading Video Link:



"Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity"

-/-

No comments: