Monday 6 February 2012

February 6 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 2 | 2012

February 6 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 2 | 2012 | Today's AA daily reflection all about: "unity, service and recovery." Together in unity we share experience strength and hope, a common language of recovery. And knowing when we do service, simply by attending a meeting, being part of the service committee, putting out chairs, greeting, making tea… We work and believe in helping each other one day at a time.



My home group meeting: and a brilliant chair all about dealing with the wreckage of the past and emerging into a new way of life. "Not one of us is a failure!" I had never heard that before at the start of the meeting nor in my years in recovery. Many shared back exactly on that point, that life had been blighted by our own judgements about our own failures. Indeed in recovery we do learn that all experiences have great value if we understand the experience we are having. Forgiveness for oneself leads to forgiveness of others. Even at their worst, other people and ourselves are doing the best they can be in the moment of now…



"Don't do my thinking for me." A real reminder to me when I make suggestions to others not to judge them in what they might do next. If I try judge what another person thinks or feels, before finding out I can be very judgemental in any suggestion I might make them. Better to check out their thinking in relation to helping or simply being with them. The old adage "judge not lest you be judged" is key in recovery or we tread hard on the toes of our fellows…



The AA big book: written by people in recovery and restored to sanity on a daily basis. The big book, a starting point and a daily guide for anyone "under construction" today. It struck me last night that the AA big book is a work written by mad people for mad people, being restored to sanity and emotional and spiritual well-being just for a day. So easy to forget that sanity is restored on a daily basis with the help of powers greater than me…



Step 2 Reading Video Link:







"Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity"



DonInLondon 2005-2011



Kathleen Casey Theisen "Acceptance is not submission; it is acknowledgement of the facts of a situation. Then deciding what you're going to do about it."



Bob Marley Born Today June 6 1945 "Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you’re riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts; put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!" "Bob Marley isn't my name. I don't even know my name yet."



Fellowship restores our faith in our courage to change ~ Mohandas Gandhi "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." -/- Every human being is a miracle..



A good day, learning simple small things, absorbed and happy in solitude, a meeting tonight felt good, all possible and sober today ~ William Faulkner "All of us failed to match our dreams of perfection. So I rate us on the basis of our splendid failure to do the impossible." -/- Progress is delicious…



AA Daily: A RALLYING POINT ~ FEBRUARY 6, Therefore, Step Two is the rallying point for all of us. “Whether agnostic, atheist, or former believer, we can stand together on this Step. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 33



I feel that A.A. is a God-inspired program and that God is at every A.A. meeting. I see, believe, and have come to know that A.A. works, because I have stayed sober today. I am turning my life over to A.A. and to God by going to an A.A. meeting. If God is in my heart and He speaks to me through other people, then I must be a channel of God to other people. I should seek to do His will by living spiritual principles and my reward will be sanity and emotional sobriety.

-/-

No comments: