Thursday 9 February 2012

February 9 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 2 | 2012

February 9 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 2 | 2012 | Today's AA daily reflection: "looking for the spiritual angle" is always difficult because if we are looking for the spiritual angle we are missing it in the moment of now. In my living, living in the moment means my mind, body and breath are complementary to what is happening, where my feelings fit with what is going on. And if I know my feelings, I recognise how I am thinking and what actions are influenced by the "spiritual angle of now"…



Looking for the spiritual angle is almost like or probably is like looking for the holy Grail. The more we search for it, the more we miss the point what is going on right now. I guess after all these years of trying to control everything, the holy Grail and the spiritual angle is always with me in the moment. The range and depth and richness in this moment is as good as it gets based on anything and everything that has happened and is happening around me and inside me. And I realise today, past and present is and always has been spiritual, I just didn't know it back then and now today I do…



Spiritual can be good, bad or indifferent. Happy joyous and free is a state of being in the moment and similarly, unhappy without joy and constrained is also spiritual. Every experience of life is enriching and as I have heard "nothing goes to waste in God's economy" and although the God of my understanding is not likely to be exactly the same as anybody else's, the understanding that nothing is wasted if we understand how we learn from nature and providence…



Everything seems to be connected in some way or other, how we live and interact with everything we encounter. The ability to keep on learning, is the very essence of humility for me and not knowing is an opportunity to find out more. Letting go the fear of the unknown, and letting everything possible into my living today means I find more truth in the moment and this seems to be at the heart of spiritual just for today…



Step 2 Reading Video Link:







"Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity"



DonInLondon 2005-2011



Spiritual Angle? Living spiritual is living reality, open honest and willing. Ever present, in the imperfectly perfect moment, happy or sad, exhilerating to excoriating ~ Stephen Covey "We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey." -/-



Spiritual is not some thing we can pick or choose, like serenity we develop our ability to live in the moment, where spiritual is constant change in real time.. ~ Mohandas Gandhi "Spiritual relationship is far more precious than physical. Physical relationship divorced from spiritual is body without soul." Truth is now..



Spiritual understanding for me is explicit in the serenity prayer, can do, cannot do, wisdom in the moment, and then choices.. ~ Similarly Oprah Winfrey "It isn't until you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are - not necessarily a religious feeling, but deep down, the spirit within - that you can begin to take control." Working what works for us..



AA Daily: GETTING THE "SPIRITUAL ANGLE" ~ FEBRUARY 9, How often do we sit in AA meetings and hear the speaker declare, “But I haven’t yet got the spiritual angle.” Prior to this statement, he had described a miracle of transformation which had occurred in him –not only his release from alcohol, but a complete change in his whole attitude toward life and the living of it. It is apparent to nearly everyone else present that he has received a great gift; ” . . . except that he doesn’t seem to know it yet!” We well know that this questioning individual will tell us six months or a year hence that he has found faith in God. LANGUAGE OF THE HEART, p. 275





A spiritual experience can be the realization that a life which once seemed empty and devoid of meaning is now joyous and full. In my life today, daily prayer and meditation, coupled with living the Twelve Steps, has brought about an inner peace and feeling of belonging which was missing when I was drinking.

-/-

No comments: