Sunday 11 March 2012

March 11 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 | 2012 | Alcoholics Anonymous

March 11 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 "Let Go" | 2012 | Today's AA daily reflection: "good orderly direction.""Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul." ~ Desiderata. Alcoholics Anonymous, an emotional and spiritual journey one day at a time…



Over the years in recovery, letting go and letting good happen has been key in opening the door to new living. I can be a scholar about the past, and learn at the same time it is always living in the moment where we make change and can either be stuck in a problem or living in the solution. The AA twelve steps enable me to improve my emotional and spiritual condition, letting go old thinking and letting in new thinking. The past can illuminate or darken how we live today, truth of now resides in the moment of now and I can learn it just for today…



Tradition three, "the only requirement is a desire to stop drinking," opens the door to everyone regardless of background. It can also open the door of prejudice if we're not careful. I try never to judge the newcomer or the person returning because it could be me coming back. And "judge not lest you be judged," keeps me level in my feelings and thinking about anyone anywhere reaching out the help…



Yesterday, two meetings. One at the "spiritual hut." One called "after nines." So many people I know and have not seen for such a long time in both meetings. Still trudging the road, and living in the moment where we live emotionally and spiritually. New sharing of experience strength and hope. And we welcomed so many new people and so many people returning as well. Overflowing in numbers, maybe spring has sprung and many seeking a new start and a new way of living…



The twelve steps and twelve traditions, carved on the anvils of experience offer timeless principles or almost timeless principles. There are new anvils of experience, and the world has changed greatly. And yet behind the twelve steps and twelve traditions is the pursuit of "truth, love and wisdom." Truth, love and wisdom are timeless and can only be found in the moment of now, past, present and future…



DonInLondon 2005-2011



"After Eights" last night. Lovely chair and sharing about issues of later sobriety. Several AA birthdays and newcomers too. All about sharing honestly, be it womens issues or mens issues... We all have hormones or we would have no feelings at all! Truth is best as each person sees it, how else can we realate or not to the similarities even when there may be differences?



Fellowship, we are included and united by a simple desire to be to be sober today ~ Arthur Schopenhauer "Will power is to the mind like a strong blind man who carries on his shoulders a lame man who can see." -/- Sharing experience strength and hope, our spiritual journey is informed with new choices, wisdom and acceptance of now..



Interdependent, needs met, choices open, striving to the good of living, balance found in the moment ~ George A. Sheehan "We may think there is willpower involved, but more likely... change is due to want power. Wanting the new addiction more than the old one. Wanting the new me in preference to the person I am now." -/- Change is good, progress as life affords, no fixing required as wants and wanting are forgotten..



We have the potential to live the life we have, the key is inside us ~ Dan Millman "Everything you'll ever need to know is within you; the secrets of the universe are imprinted on the cells of your body." -/- With help, support and good orderly direction, action makes for wisdom, acceptance of change and serenity in endeavour, just for today..

-/-

AA Daily Reflection: GOOD ORDERLY DIRECTION ~ MARCH 11, It is when we try to make our will conform with God’s that we begin to use it rightly. To all of us, this was a most wonderful revelation. Our whole trouble had been the misuse of willpower. We had tried to bombard our problems with it instead of attempting to bring it into agreement with God’s intention for us. To make this increasingly possible is the purpose of A.A.’s Twelve Steps, and Step Three opens the door. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 40



All I have to do is look back at my past to see where self-will has led me. I just don’t know what’s best for me and I believe my Higher Power does. G.O.D., which I define as “Good Orderly Direction,” has never let me down, but I have let myself down quite often. Using my self-will in a situation usually has the same result as forcing the wrong piece into a jigsaw puzzle–exhaustion and frustration. Step Three opens the door to the rest of the program. When I ask God for guidance I know that whatever happens is the best possible situation, things are exactly as they are supposed to be, even if they aren’t what I want or expect. God does for me what I cannot do for myself, if I let Him.

-/-

Step 3 "Let Go" Reading Video Link:



"Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him"

-/-

No comments: