Friday 16 March 2012

March 16 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 | 2012 | Alcoholics Anonymous

March 16 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 "Let Go" | 2012 | Today's AA daily reflection: "your own understanding of God is what counts." Atheist, agnostic and believer come to understand the greater wisdom which resides in the progress human beings are making every day. For centuries nature evolves and humans evolve. Everything is adapting through nature and nurture every single day. The collective wisdom in recovery is always at hand if we ask the help or simply listen how others make progress and never perfect?



A universal databank of recovery available at any time of day. The universal databank or "bank of wisdom" is where deposits of knowledge and withdrawals of knowledge can work for everyone just for today. You cannot see it, or touch it but you can feel it happening in the moment of now. Our universal databank available contingent on the day we ask. The bank of "experience, strength and hope" available contingent on when we ask through our inner voice and what we know, face-to-face with another or in a meeting, or by phone, or by any other media we may access for wisdom to help ourselves. We are not alone today…



As in all matters recovery, as a Fellowship and as individuals we are making progress and we are not perfect. What does this mean? As a Fellowship we are evolving and coming to new understandings about what works in recovery and what hinders recovery. Evolution not revolution is the progress we humans make most of the time. Revolution is more difficult, some people call it "step change" in modern society. Over time I have learned the steps change me to be open and honest and willing to change, and extraordinary evolution into reality, progress as it can be today…



I need you to believe in the God of your understanding, no matter what that understanding is because it is yours. And I respect that completely your view of a higher power which works in your life. And that I need you to believe in the God of your understanding, I need to come to my own understanding of a power greater than me. Indeed and in reality there are many powers extraordinary and far greater than me. Being one of seven billion people on this tiny planet in the universe I need the experience, strength and hope which resides in you and always in the moment of now…

-/-

DonInLondon 2005-2011



A great privilege to hear a first chair last night. Similarities were so close and very happy to see how a common set of principles can keep us sober. As long as we do practice them! Other feelings come out as we listen, and also we get tuned into conflicts and potential disputes. Always alert these days, toes get trodden on and anger and resentments are but moments from expression, life is difficult... acceptance?



I missed a meeting yesterday and today waking up, I felt alone. Morning meditations helped me. And then contact with another human being by phone helped me feel more myself. If I know how I am feeling, and why I can make conscious contact and speak with another person... Steps 1 2 3 and serenity prayer, now feel good enough for today...



Diverse, unique and authentic, with clear similarities, in the moment of now ~ Maya Angelou "While I know myself as a creation of God, I am also obligated to realize and remember that everyone else and everything else are also God's creation." -/-



We need find our own path, understand the truth of now and find how to cherish living ~ Thomas Jefferson "Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." -/- Fear, a brave face, ego closes us down, faith courage and confidence opens us to every possibility life affords..



In recovery it is often suggested we find our own conception of God ~ Thomas Jefferson "It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no God." To God as you understand this day, and to thine own self, be true..

-/-

AA Daily Reflection: AS WE UNDERSTAND HIM MARCH 16 My friend suggested what then seemed a novel idea . . . “Why don’t you choose your own conception of God?” That statement hit me hard. It melted the icy intellectual mountain in whose shadow I had lived and shivered many years. I stood in the sunlight at last. It was only a matter of being willing to believe in a Power greater than myself. Nothing more was required of me to make my beginning. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 12



I remember the times I looked up into the sky and reflected on who started it all, and how. When I came to A.A., an understanding of some description of the spiritual dimension became a necessary adjunct to a stable sobriety. After reading a variety of versions, including the scientific, of a great explosion, I went for simplicity and made the God of my understanding the Great Power that made the explosion possible. With the vastness of the universe under His command, He would, no doubt, be able to guide my thinking and actions if I was prepared to accept His guidance. But I could not expect help if I turned my back on that help and went my own way. I became willing to believe and I have had 26 years of stable and satisfying sobriety.

-/-

Step 3 "Let Go" Reading Video Link:



"Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him"

-/-

No comments: