Saturday 17 March 2012

March 17 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 | 2012 | Alcoholics Anonymous

March 17 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 "Let Go" | 2012 | [ daily blog link: http://donoddylondon.blogspot.com/ ] Today's AA daily reflection: "mysterious ways." There are many mysterious events in life, I hope for many more. Some mysteries become understandable and at the same time simply because we can explain the mystery it does not undermine the power of what is happening around us. Out of the dark, endarkenment and into the light, enlightenment…



I know there is no such word as endarkenment, but it fits well where I was back in the day. A friend of mine invented the word decades ago, "endarkenment." We were attending a leadership program, which in essence took away our emotional defences broke us down leaving us red raw emotionally. Drink led to endarkenment and like those who broke me I still detest what happened. Some things cannot be undone, with enlightenment though comes opportunity for new ways of living just for a day…



Our abilities to change come with life experience where we can develop new outlooks, new ways of life which can feel miraculous and mysterious. Like a Phoenix rising up from the ashes… The combined wisdom we can all access is always in the moment of now where we can develop our understanding of life, the truth of now, how to love and be loved back and useful in our endeavours. Nature and nurture in tandem working together just for today…



I have deep gratitude, from a very hurt person who could not cope with reality, to a person who can cope just enough with reality today. Self hurt, will often lead into hurting those around us who care. And self prejudice, will lead to a greater prejudice against ourselves and others who need to learn life all over again. Or indeed learn how to live life for the very first time, in the moment and just for today. Letting go self prejudice opens the door to truth, love and wisdom…

-/-

DonInLondon 2005-2011



boredom is the feeling we have as a result of an emotional and intelligent mind without purpose. Once we realise its a gift and not a burden, we find something to do with purpose. Not a quick fix, a life long journey, with plenty of hardship and good things too, one day at a time...



As in all matters of wisdom, common and universal principles of action become clear as we let go, self will run riot ~ Matthew Green [poet 17th century ] "Experience join'd with common sense, To mortals is a providence" -/- Life, its a kinda magic..



Letting go and finding our path with truth, love, and wisdom of the many ~ Mohandas Gandhi "Providence has its appointed hour for everything. We cannot command results, we can only strive." -/- And be open to choices as they manifest.. each and every day



From not knowing our need to change, to knowing and breaking our denial, to positive action ~ H. G. Wells "Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative." -/- Acceptance of the truth learned through experience, change and being able to adapt returns as we see reality, as nature always intended, a day at a time..



Fellowship, sanctuary to be open honest and willing to share our experience strength and hope ~ Henry David Thoreau "Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around." -/- In fellowship we do not question another fellows belief, we develop our own...

-/-

AA Daily Reflection: ~ MYSTERIOUS WAYS out of every season of grief or suffering, when the hand of God seemed heavy or even unjust, new lessons for living were learned, new resources of courage were uncovered, and that finally, inescapably, the conviction came that God does “move in a mysterious way His wonders to perform.” TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 105



After losing my career, family and health, I remained unconvinced that my way of life needed a second look. My drinking and other drug use were killing me, but I had never met a recovering person or an A.A. member. I thought I was destined to die alone and that I deserved it. At the peak of my despair, my infant son became critically ill with a rare disease. Doctors’ efforts to help him proved useless. I redoubled my efforts to block my feelings, but now the alcohol had stopped working. I was left staring into God’s eyes, begging for help. My introduction to A.A. came within days, through an odd series of coincidences, and I have remained sober ever since. My son lived and his disease is in remission. The entire episode convinced me of my powerlessness and the unmanageability of my life. Today my son and I thank God for his intervention.

-/-

Step 3 "Let Go" Reading Video Link:



"Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him"

-/-

No comments: