Friday 23 March 2012

March 23 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 | 2012 | Alcoholics Anonymous

March 23 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 "Let Go" | 2012 | Alcoholics Anonymous | Today's AA daily reflection: "once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic." As I admitted I was an alcoholic some time ago, acceptance on a daily basis has become a strong foundation in my recovery. I need not hide the truth of who I am today, an alcoholic in recovery one day at a time… Letting go and accepting who I am today an alcoholic in recovery, means there is no way I need hide anything. Open honest and willing to find the truth, live the truth and understand that truth changes as life changes. Progress without shame or guilt, simply a learner each and every day. Letting go and no longer hiding, opening up to the possibilities and my personal limits emotionally and physically is not easy, indeed life is difficult…


Sometimes when I feel a desire that my emotional and spiritual condition would improve, impatience and intolerance of myself might lead to a feeling of inadequacy. And then I remind myself it could be worse! I may not be able to control my emotions, but now I understand them better I know what helps to improve my outlook, by sharing how I feel and how I am dealing with reality informs others around me and often they can help me cope with the reality of now…


Breakfast with my sister, at her club in Chelsea today. A wander down to the Albert Bridge and a few snaps of the river. And the beautiful woman walks by, a redhead. A smile and a hello, and a smile and "good morning and how you?" A brief encounter of the best kind as she sashays on her way. It is good to appreciate beauty in motion, and the River Thames, just for today… -/-


DonInLondon 2005-2011


We are living "spiritual reality" in every feeling, thought and deed ~ Maya Angelou "My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return." -/- as we learn and cherish, to love, be loved and useful .. always


Hope founded on "spiritual and reality offers acceptance on the road of destiny ~ Helen Keller "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence" -/- Let go, let good when good is possible.. -/- As Bill sees it... Newcomer Problems


The temptation is to become rather possessive of newcomers. Perhaps we try to give them advice about their affairs which we aren't really competent to give or ought not give at all. Then we are hurt and confused when the advice is rejected, or when it is accepted and brings still greater confusion.


"You can't make a horse drink water if he still prefers beer or is to crazy to know what he does want. Set a pail of water beside him, tell him how good it is and why, and leave him alone. "If people really want to get drunk, there is, so far as I know, no way of stopping this -- so leave them alone and let them get drunk. But don't exclude them from the water pail, either." -/-


AA Daily Reflection: AND NO MORE RESERVATIONS We have seen the truth again and again: “Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic.”. . .


If we are planning to stop drinking, there must be no reservation of any kind, nor any lurking notion that someday we will be immune to alcohol. . . . To be gravely affected, one does not necessarily have to drink a long time nor take the quantities some of us have. This is particularly true of women. Potential female alcoholics often turn into the real thing and are gone beyond recall in a few years. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 33 -/-


Step 3 "Let Go" Reading Video Link:



Step 3 "Let Go" Reading Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIJM_JUs0fM "Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him" -/-

No comments: