Thursday 29 March 2012

March 29 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 "Let Go" | 2012 | Alcoholics Anonymous

March 29 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 "Let Go" | 2012 | Alcoholics Anonymous Today's AA daily reflection: "we are trusted servants…" To be of service for me is not being servile, it is to be helpful and aware. And being helpful, in any capacity anywhere at any time is a way of life and living to good conscience, and caring about people I encounter in any given day…

Trusting ourselves is very difficult when we start from a place self harm and self prejudice. Even today, living to good conscience I am often pulled up in the moment and the memory of something I have done in the past which may have broken a rule. Indeed often I was employed to rewrite rules and break the old rules to improve a situation or an organisation. Those recollections make me shudder at how easy it is to be blown off course in a difficult world…

I cannot change the past, at the same time it is a great source of experience. Life today, to be open and honest, and willing to change. To be trustworthy and behave fairly in my relationships. I feel I did start off life with these principles from an early age. And then the real world bent me out of shape. We can compromise and negotiate, at the same time the principles of open honest and willing, unity service and recovery, keep me on the straight and narrow road of destiny one day at a time…

And today I realise it is simply progress. And I must reiterate progress is the key, because even today I can see when I take time out to look at my behaviour and my attitudes, prejudice can surface when people are either dishonest with themselves or dishonest with others. My silence and turning a blind eye to my personal conduct is as bad for me as ignoring the conduct of others… Sometimes it is right to mind my own business and not criticise others, fortunately because I'm aware I can take responsibility for my attitudes and my behaviour day to day…

Trust! A breach of trust can be devastating. Thank God, nature and nurture and the universe that I am an open book these days. My medical records are about to be updated and accessible to all medical sources just in case something were to happen to me and I could not communicate...

Trust in relationships, develops through time. At the same time, trusts will be broken because we are human and sometimes without thinking we hurt other people and then worse we hurt ourselves as a consequence. If we feel the pain caused we can grow and learn from it and that is real progress. Amends and forgiveness starts with understanding our own fallibility and the consequences. Forgiveness comes in our learning, humility and accepting a need to change day by day. Forgive everything everybody does, and forgive ourselves as well, and we do face consequences. Trust and forgiveness are earned in the moment, amends can take a lifetime and can be made every single day…

To love, be loved back and useful! How we love each other and how we form loving relationships… There is no rule book, we don't choose who we love, the nature of how we love is demonstrated by our actions and behaviour. Unconditionally loving others will lead to consequences we might prefer were different. And this is perfectly okay with me. Keeping it simple is the most difficult path for complicated people one day at a time…
-/-
DonInLondon 2005-2011

Unity Service & Recovery, we give support, sharing experience, strength and hope. We look to what we can do to help in fellowship, greet, make tea, organise meetings. We may sponsor newcomers and explain how fellowship works. We suggest we never control, we encourage freedom in sobriety, to thine own self be true..

We are good enough today.. progress not perfect. Unconditional love; we help, we support and we love without condition. A gentle reminder to self is understanding unconditional means loving others when they cannot love themselves or anyone else, including us! Keep loving, expect nothing, accept everything is simply as it may be...
-/-
AA Daily Reflection: TRUSTED SERVANTS March 29 They are servants. Theirs is the sometimes thankless privilege of doing the group’s chores. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 134

In Zorba the Greek, Nikos Kazantzakis describes an encounter between his principle character and an old man busily at work planting a tree. “What is it that you are doing?” Zorba asks. The old man replies: “You can see very well what I am doing, my son, I’m planting a tree.” “But why plant a tree,” Zorba asks, “if you won’t be able to see it bear fruit?” And the old man answers: “I, my son, live as though I were never going to die.” The response brings a faint smile to Zorba’s lips and, as he walks away, he exclaims with a note of irony: “How strange — I live as though I were going to die tomorrow!” As a member of Alcoholics Anonymous, I have found that the Third Legacy is a fertile soil in which to plant the tree of my sobriety. The fruits I harvest are wonderful: peace, security, understanding and twenty-four hours of eternal fulfillment; and with the soundness of mind to listen to the voice of my conscience when, in silence, it gently speaks to me, saying: You must let go in service. There are others who must plant the harvest.
-/-
As Bill Sees It ~ Getting off a "Dry Bender" "Sometimes, we become depressed. I ought to know; I have been a champion dry-bender case myself. While the surface causes were a part of the picture -- trigger-events that precipitated depression -- the underlying causes, I am satisfied, ran much deeper. "Intellectually, I could accept my situation. Emotionally, I could not. "To these problems, there are certainly no pat answers. But part of the answer surely lies in the constant effort to practice all of A.A.'s Twelve Steps." LETTER, 1954
-/-
Step 3 "Let Go" Reading Video Link:



Step 3 "Let Go" Reading Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIJM_JUs0fM
"Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him"-/-

No comments: