Monday 5 March 2012

March 5 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 | 2012 | Alcoholics Anonymous

March 5 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 let go | 2012 | Today's AA daily reflection: "a lifelong task of taking it easy!" Reminds me of the Beatles song "a day in the life…" "I read the news today oh boy!" Life is one day long, sometimes frantic, sometimes chilled and laid-back. Most days manageable, "and I get by with a little help from my friends…"



Skype, one of the wonders of modern technology… A message from a beautiful woman received including the words, "I love you." Meant in the purist sense and unconditional, lifts the spirit and my spiritual experience in the moment I heard them. And I love her unconditionally…



The lifelong task of taking it easy? Not so difficult when we make lifelong one day long, where everything and anything can happen. Extremes happen in any given day, and that same time most days are somewhere in the middle. Letting go the notion that I need have all the answers to all questions I still don't know until something happens, there is always someone somewhere to ask for help, and it is okay to be human today…



Last nights meeting, and meetings over the weekend simply confirm that without a drink inside me, I can keep on learning life. I need never be alone again or feel so desperate that I cannot ask for help. And equally when another person asks for help I hope I can be there, and also know if I cannot be there, in Fellowship someone else can. It takes time to take it easy, just for a day…



Some days I don't take it easy, rush at life and run the risk of missing the moment of now. So eager to learn, impatient with myself and frustrated that the world turns too slowly. That is when I remind myself of the serenity prayer, "grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference, sometimes quickly and more helpfully, slowly today…



DonInLondon 2005-2011



But just how, in these circumstances, does a fellow ‘take it easy?’ That’s what I want to know



Friendship and Fellowship, we are learning how to live, love and be loved, useful ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery "There is no hope or joy except in human relations." -/- Gentle, easy does it with a warm passion of experiencing life in the moment, our new and ever present reality...



Complicated by decades, simplified in one day ~ Henri Frederic Amiel "A man must be able to cut a knot, for everything cannot be untied; he must know how to disengage what is essential from the detail in which it is enwrapped, for everything cannot be equally considered; in a word, he must be able to simplify his duties, his business and his life." Truth of now keeps life simple in the moment...



Truth is the absolute simplicity, complicated in sharing ~ W. Somerset Maugham "Simplicity and naturalness are the truest marks of distinction." -/- Open, honest and willing, denial falls away, revealing our ever present moment of now, spiritual and complete...



Courage Faith and Confidence we feel good, Fear Brave Face and Ego we feel fixed? ~ Ernest Hemingway "I know only that what is moral is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after." -/- As we learn the difference, we learn and choose our preferences..



AA Daily Reflection: A LIFELONG TASK ~ MARCH 5, But just how, in these circumstances, does a fellow ‘take it easy?’ That’s what I want to know. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 26



I was never known for my patience. How many times have I asked, “Why should I wait, when I can have it all right now?” Indeed, when I was first presented the Twelve Steps, I was like the proverbial “kid in a candy store.” I couldn’t wait to get to Step Twelve; it was surely just a few months’ work, or so I thought! I realize now that living the Twelve Steps of A.A. is a lifelong undertaking.



Step 3 Reading Video Link:



"Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him"



-/-

No comments: