Friday 9 March 2012

March 9 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 | 2012 | Alcoholics Anonymous

March 9 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 "Let Go" | 2012 | Today's AA daily reflection: "surrendering self-will and a desire to stop drinking." In my case, decades of ignorance and a desire for oblivion in a material world and emotional desert, meant self-will and desires had no meaning to me. As a newcomer I needed time to find any of my wits again…



The good habits and bad habits and routines of life. Letting go and letting good things happen, meant I needed to stop harmful activities. And the primary purpose to stay sober seemed impossible on my own. I had been self-sufficient, self-determined and driven, not bad qualities in the commercial world. Not much use in beginning sober recovery, let go and let people help me, let go knowing the answers and put the action into being open, honest and willing to change just for today… Hard enough!



The care of God as I understand him? A very good question only to be answered by each of us in our own way. Many sleepless nights my head arguing one way or another and another and another… Conclusions, I was not God, could not define him for myself or anyone else. But the universe is full of wisdom usually shared by people with integrity, a truth they understand and the wisdom of living sober one day at a time. And accepting this proposition, my world started to turn again…



Fortunately from birth we have both nature and nurture working for us. Nature and the instincts to survive develop and grow ebbing and flowing as life will. Nurture, what we learn from our environment, people places and things. Nature produces what it can with the raw materials at hand. Nurture, mankind at its best and its worst in any given day. Experience, strength and hope offers learning what we need and do not need, can do and cannot do in the moment and just for today…



DonInLondon 2005-2011



No matter how much one wishes to try, exactly how can one turn his own will and his own life over to the care of whatever God he thinks there is?



Progress not perfection, a daily programme of learning ~ Jim Rohn "It doesn't matter which side of the fence you get off on sometimes. What matters most is getting off. You cannot make progress without making decisions." -/- Decisions made in the moment of now with courage, faith and confidence..



When we can, look for truth, and support in life choices ~ Robert H. Schuller "Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come." -/- A helicopter view often helps and a weathermap of our human heart..



Holding on too long to self will? Letting go and letting in providence ~ B. F. Skinner "I did not direct my life. I didn't design it. I never made decisions. Things always came up and made them for me. That's what life is." -/- We do have life choices as life unfolds..



Listening to our good conscience, wisdom of others guides our life decisions and choices ~ Thomas S. Monson "I hope that you will learn to take responsibility for your decisions. don't take counsel of your fears." -/- Just for today, courage to change..



AA Daily Reflection: SURRENDERING SELF-WILL

MARCH 9, 2011

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 34



No matter how much one wishes to try, exactly how can one turn his own will and his own life over to the care of whatever God he thinks there is? In my search for the answer to this question, I became aware of the wisdom with which it was written: that this is a two-part Step. I could see many times where I should have died, or at least been injured, during my previous style of living, and it never happened. Someone, or something, was looking after me. I choose to believe my life has always been in God’s care. He alone controls the number of days I will be granted until physical death. The matter of will (self-will or God’s will) is the more difficult part of the Step for me. It is only when I have experienced enough emotional pain, through failed attempts to fix myself, that I become willing to surrender to God’s will for my life. Surrender is like the calm after the storm. When my will is in line with God’s will for me, there is peace within.



Step 3 "Let Go" Reading Video Link:



"Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him"



-/-


No comments: