Wednesday 25 April 2012

April 25 2012 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 4 "Inventory" | Alcoholics Anonymous

April 25 2012 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 4 "Inventory" | Alcoholics Anonymous Today's AA daily reflection: "entering a new dimension" and another quote "I am free and I am grateful." After many years of working hard at everything, I found it difficult to enjoy anything. Entering a new dimension for me turned out to be learning how to live in the moment of now, and the best dimension is the ever present present imperfectly perfect moment of now where everything happens…

There were many difficult years where I really had no clue what my emotions were, the feelings suppressed and mistaken. I tried to fill in the blanks by copying what other people seemed to find joyful and happy. At the same time I was never quite sure what these elements of life called feelings were. Today I have more of a clue by practising and asking myself how am I feeling, why and what to do. It takes very little time to work out what my mood is, how it will influence my thinking and what actions are possible just for today…

Oddly, when I was growing up, the notion of conforming to other people's ideas and ways of living just did not appeal to me. And a bit like James Dean, I wanted and needed to be a rebel, with or without a cause, as long as I was rebellious against authority. Yet somehow over the years, from my mid teens I was worn down, losing my sense of purpose and lacked understanding about how to live life. Thankfully I'm back to being a learner about what life may be and experience it as it is, just for today…

"I'm free and I am grateful…" From as Bill sees it. A well worn adage "an attitude of gratitude." An attitude is something we develop as we learn about life, and what seemed like a cheesy statement or adage, the attitude of gratitude is something which develops through time on a daily basis. Another sober day for a person in recovery is the most important element which helps us cope with reality or simply learn to cope with reality. Living reality "keep it real" also helps me deal with wonderful dreams, flights and fantasies and of course the odd nightmare one day at a time…


DonInLondon 2005-2011

AA Daily Reflection: ENTERING A NEW DIMENSION In the late stages of our drinking, the will to resist has fled. Yet when we admit complete defeat and when we become entirely ready to try A.A. principles, our obsession leaves us and we enter a new dimension – freedom under God as we understand Him. AS BILL SEES IT, p. 283
I am fortunate to be among the ones who have had this awesome transformation in my life. When I entered the doors of A.A., alone and desperate, I had been beaten into willingness to believe anything I heard. One of the things I heard was, “This could be your last hangover, or you can keep going round and round.” The man who said this obviously was a whole lot better off than I. I liked the idea of admitting defeat and I have been free ever since! My heart heard what my mind never could: “Being powerless over alcohol is no big deal.” I’m free and I’m grateful!
-/-
Step 4 "Fearless Inventory" Reading Video Link:

Step 4 "Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves"
-/-
I do not speak for Alcoholics Anonymous I speak for myself. Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of unique and authentic people who speak for themselves where they will to share experience, strength and hope about recovery on a daily basis. Anonymity affords sanctuary to find how to live sober and be open, honest and willing to learn life day by day. For me "truth," "love" and "wisdom" offer the best spiritual experience by living reality today. Into the fabric of recovery from alcoholism are woven the Twelve Steps and the Twelve Traditions, steps to be open, honest and willing to learn, traditions to live unity, service and recovery.
-/-
Spiritual principles ~ Forgiveness Acceptance Surrender Faith Open-mindedness Honesty Willingness Moral-inventory Amends Humility Persistence Spiritual-growth Service

No comments: