Tuesday 1 May 2012

May 1 2012 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 5 Admit And Accept | Alcoholics Anonymous

May 1 2012 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 5 Admit And Accept | Alcoholics Anonymous [ Full daily blog link: http://donoddylondon.blogspot.com/ ] Today's AA daily reflection: "healing heart and mind…" Admitting and accepting the exact nature of our wrongs and sharing them with another human being… Step five reads, "admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs." Not so difficult when we have completed our step four inventory…

No matter what our religious beliefs, no matter what our spiritual beliefs, and this is a personal view, we all have a good conscience which offers the opportunity to let go of everything and start afresh in an open, honest and willing way one day at a time…

How hard is it to share the exact nature of our wrongs? There can be a thousand reasons why we may feel judged, "what will they think of me if they were to really know the truth of what I did and how I behaved?" Truth is, most people who matter, they know how we behaved and what we did. Shame and guilt, fear of the truth will shut us down, and most often the truth is already out there…

Much is made these days of social networks and the impact they can have on an individual and their future. In my experience if somebody wants to do harm toward us, they don't need a social network. Open honest and willing to live life as it is today, in recovery and free of the burdens of the past, we are facing the consequences in recovery. Less fear, less shame, less guilt… I need people gnarled by life in my life, not pretenders and not judges behind closed doors and closed minds…

But for the grace of God go I… Anyone is capable of anything when pushed to extremes. And the extreme of addiction which most people fail to recover from, and but a few survive is one of the most tragic situations facing society today. And the twelve steps of recovery offer process to be sober one day at a time, and no matter what happens, we start again each and every day…

I have another anniversary in a few weeks time and on a personal level I need to keep it in the day and know it will never be the years that are important to me, it will be how I am able to cope emotionally right now with the way life is. Emotional and spiritual, I need keep in mind my feelings, my mood right now will impact on my actions today. Knowing my feelings, knowing my thinking and my actions right now, that is emotional and spiritual progress just for today…

DonInLondon 2005-2011 [ Full daily blog link: http://donoddylondon.blogspot.com/ ]

AA Daily Reflection: HEALING HEART AND MIND...Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 55
AA Official Site Reflections ~ AA Official Big Book And Twelve And Twelve Online Since it is true that God comes to me through people, I can see that by keeping people at a distance I also keep God at a distance. God is nearer to me than I think and I can experience Him by loving people and allowing people to love me. But I can neither love nor be loved if I allow my secrets to get in the way. It’s the side of myself that I refuse to look at that rules me. I must be willing to look at the dark side in order to heal my mind and heart because that is the road to freedom. I must walk into darkness to find the light and walk into fear to find peace.By revealing my secrets – and thereby ridding myself of guilt – I can actually change my thinking; by altering my thinking, I can change myself. My thoughts create my future. What I will be tomorrow is determined by what I think today.
-/-
"Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs. Chapter 6, Into Action, Big Book From: Page 72 Thru: Page 75, the bottom of the page. 12 And 12 Step 5."
May ~ All About Step Five:"Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs"
Step 5 "Admit And Accept" Reading Video Link:

-/-
May ~ Video Reading Chapter Six Into Action Link:

-/-
I do not speak for Alcoholics Anonymous I speak for myself. Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of unique and authentic people who speak for themselves where they will to share experience, strength and hope about recovery on a daily basis. Anonymity affords sanctuary to find how to live sober and be open, honest and willing to learn life day by day. For me "truth," "love" and "wisdom" offer the best spiritual experience by living reality today. Into the fabric of recovery from alcoholism are woven the Twelve Steps and the Twelve Traditions, steps to be open, honest and willing to learn, traditions to live unity, service and recovery.
-/-
Spiritual principles ~ Forgiveness Acceptance Surrender Faith Open-mindedness Honesty Willingness Moral-inventory Amends Humility Persistence Spiritual-growth Service
Email | don@doninlondon.com
Music | "music for airports" By Brian Eno | http://www.enoshop.co.uk/ |

No comments: