Tuesday 14 May 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | May 12 | DonInLondon | Step 5 "Share Your Truth"



May 12 2013: step five in mind… "Who could I tell my darkest, emotional and spiritual misgivings and not feel judged? I was judging myself so harshly at the time, I did not realise that if I had done anything, and there were words to describe it, it had been done many times before by many people. All my life I had tried to be open honest and willing, at the end of my drinking, I felt closed down, dishonest and unwilling." I was lucky to be able to share my step four, with a balanced, non-judgemental human, who talked about forgiveness and rebuilding a new life.

I was still crippled by fear, as I shared step five and the relief took time. Starting a new life, where I could fall back into step six and defects, where I could walk forwards into step seven and develop courage, faith and confidence, always just for a day…


Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Five Collection" May 12

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 5, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: