Thursday 16 May 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | May 15 | DonInLondon | Step 5 "Share Your Truth"



May 15 2013: step five in mind… "Sharing the truth of now: how am I feeling? Why? And what can I do?" My own truth is now and I can understand what I can do and what I cannot do on a daily basis. And then the truth changes as I interact with other people. The truth of my feelings change or my mood changes depending on what is going on, and the immediacy of change can be lost in thinking too hard, thinking the answer and having expectations based on history. Whether we like it or not, everything is changing in the moment of now, we are getting older by the moment, it does not mean we are getting wiser, it could be that we are stuck somewhere. And we don't know what to do…

Sometimes and often many times, step five is opening that great big door of opportunity. Life works better in company and being part of something. Life is not about finding the answers and producing an outcome to impose on others. It is more about listening to the possibilities that are open to us by taking on board new information and respecting the opinions we may seek. Always life is better when we interact and find a way to share, sharing the problem and sharing in the solutions made possible, working together with other people in our lives…


Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Five Collection" May 15

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 5, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: