Thursday 16 May 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | May 16 | DonInLondon | Step 5 "Share Your Truth"



May 16 2013: step five in mind… "I feel happy this morning… But a few things are still unfinished. With regard to recent repairs!" A few weeks of trials and tribulations trying to get my landlord to fix plumbing matters in my home. The landlord has been unresponsive and quite unhelpful and it has tested my patience, tolerance and love for those concerned. And I have been lied to, which is not good because it creates anger and resentment which will make me feel quite horrible. I still feel happy this morning, at the same time my plumbing still backs up, my washing machine kicks off the shower pump and the shower pump turns itself on when it feels like it, often in the middle of the night when I ought to be sleeping…

I cannot afford time trying to put right something outside my control. And although it would give me great satisfaction in the past, just because I know I am right, and people are behaving badly, I do not have to invest heavily in trying to get them to tell the truth. I need to live to the truth of now: powerless over people places and things. And this is why I am happy, I'm not here to solve the world of plumbing, I am here to be happy and find happiness with the right people in the right places doing the right things…


Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Five Collection" May 16

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 5, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: