Thursday 2 May 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | May 2 | DonInLondon | Step 5 "Share Your Truth"



May 2 ~ What would have happened if I had tried to sidestep step five? Admitted to God and to another human being the exact nature of my wrongs? In my case it would be simple: fear of being found out at some future date about something or other. One of the things which often bothered me was not being good enough and so ego stepped in to exaggerate already exaggerated behaviour. I did not need to embellish what had happened in my life, it had been bad enough. And yet… I wanted it to be more spectacular and step five, was certainly an ego deflating exercise. By the end of it, I felt quite ordinary… Extraordinarily ordinary! And I liked it…

Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Five Collection" May 2

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 5, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: