Thursday 23 May 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | May 22 | DonInLondon | Step 5 "Share Your Truth"



May 22 2013: step five in mind… "Needs met wants forgotten…" "I want never gets…" I guess this is all about enough. Enough to fulfil our needs without being selfish and greedy, where the wants drive us bonkers. Step five, was an eye-opener, my whole outlook had been distorted by some of the virtues, driven to extremes. And the worst part was measuring my own worth by the amount of money I could earn. What an awful measure to place on anyone, I never did when it came to wealth. But somehow I had a double standard, career and money became very, very important when the rest of my life had crumbled away…

I became very lonely and unable to drown my sorrows, no amount of alcohol, no amount of money, no amount of relationships of a superficial and indifferent kind made any difference to the emptiness. Step five, made me realise that all the desperate attempts to fill the emptiness led me to rock bottom. And with a wry sense of the bizarre, without a fix, and in the cold light of day, rock bottom was a very harsh place. Sharing step four, helped to illuminate the hurt. And hurt people, hurt people…


Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Five Collection" May 22

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 5, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: