Thursday 23 May 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | May 23 | DonInLondon | Step 5 "Share Your Truth"



May 23 2013: step five in mind… "Unity, service and recovery, open honest and willing…" These principles in fellowship are essential to the well-being of everybody. When it comes to fellowship, I need to say yes when I can, it makes a huge difference in my outlook. Sometimes, however, an emphatic no is better than a half-hearted yes! If I am half-hearted about doing something, I might pause long enough to find out why. When it comes to fellowship, if I feel half-hearted, I'm likely to say yes. When it comes to anything outside of fellowship, I can have the opportunity to say "no" and mean it...

If I am challenged when I say no and this will happen quite often, it is because I'm being asked to do something which I can do because of my skills and experience. I know in the world of now, the truth is, even though I have the skills to do things I might not feel like doing them because they take up my precious time and divert me from my own interests. Yes I can be a good Samaritan, yes I can be helpful when it comes to recovery. When I feel that I don't want to do something outside the fellowship, I am learning to say "no" more effectively. Not feeling like doing something is a choice. Any sane person makes the choice to say no, and now I have my sanity back, an emphatic no is really better than a half-hearted yes. And a half-hearted yes, will lead to to anger and resentment towards myself and then it spills outwards. If I am not in my right mind…


Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Five Collection" May 23

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 5, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: