Friday 24 May 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | May 24 | DonInLondon | Step 5 "Share Your Truth"



May 24 2013: step five in mind… "Trusting in knowing what you can do and what you cannot do today… The wisdom to know the difference might take a little longer…" Fellowship taught me how to be self reliant and able to cope with the normal day-to-day. And what it showed every day was the benefit of being a part of something bigger than me, that I am interdependent on my fellows and when I trust others because they are trustworthy, I can trust. They will help me if they can. And if they can't, they probably know someone who will…

In the olden days, it was very difficult to trust anyone anywhere with anything. Somehow I had been taught to be selective with truth, not able to share my feelings openly, and to wear a brave face, so nobody knew what was going on inside me. I was not aware of my impact on others, I was more aware of their impact on me. I made my own life more difficult because I feared sharing the truth of my feelings, when feelings are the true guide to what makes me tick. Learning about feelings and what makes me tick, has been the greatest relief and the greatest eye-opener into the world of life in general and especially how emotional wisdom grows once we know what our emotions are one day at a time…


Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Five Collection" May 24

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 5, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: