Thursday 9 May 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | May 8 | DonInLondon | Step 5 "Share Your Truth"



May 8 2013: step five in mind… "Do I have a moral compass? Do I know right from wrong, not only for myself, in the context of being with other people and their moral compass." I know back in the day, if anyone was going out for a quick drink after work, I might join in, and towards the end of my drinking days, anything could happen, and I would pretend to be forgetful about my consequences, and especially my actions…

If I was working, I would never drink during the day because I never knew what one drink would do, and how many more would follow, or where my mood would go. I wouldn't get angry, most often I would become silly and sentimental and amorous. And when we have spent many a long day alone with our own feelings and not expressing them, there were many intimate moments which began well and often ended in sadness, emptiness and loneliness. Not because of the girl, it was because I was sad, empty and lonely…


Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Five Collection" May 8

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 5, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: