Wednesday 12 June 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | June 11 | DonInLondon | Step 6 "Let Go"

June 11 2013: step six in mind… "Where has my anger and resentment gone?" I've been making a website for a friend and wanted to include a slideshow of their work. Trying to build a website which will work both on Apple: iPad and iPhone, android, and all the different web browsers is very challenging when big companies won't agree on very basic coding practices. I suppose I could have got angry, instead, I spent hours finding a way. And I did! It may have taken some time, and I could have been completely frustrated, thank God for the Internet and people sharing how to do things these days…

And as a respite from my web coding problems, I was watching a political TV programme called: "the daily politics" and was listening to, two Conservative ideologues versus an Economist with all the facts and figures, I could see the stark contrast between the current conservative economic ideology and the sensibility of the Economist. The Economist was swamped by two people with an agenda of austerity, verging on the criminal, and actually a very cruel agenda. And, I realise I was lucky in many respects, to get sober years back, because today the road to sobriety, I fear it is harder than ever before because society is losing a desire to help people whose welfare is at rock bottom… Apart from that it was a fantastic day, I slept for seven hours in a row. And I cannot remember when this last happened… Can do, cannot do and the wisdom to know the difference? I want the hand of AA always to be there and for that I'm responsible, I am also responsible to help people. When I can I will. And when I cannot, I will look for help, because a lot of people do believe in helping others…



Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Six Collection" June 11 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 6, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: