Saturday 15 June 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | June 15 | DonInLondon | Step 6 "Let Go"



June 15 2013: step six in mind… "Progress not perfection…" Perfectly imperfect in the ever present moment of now. We respond and react to the world around us. How I feel about what is going on depends upon my attitude and outlook. Hungry, angry, lonely and or tired? Well fed, happy, included and refreshed? Or somewhere in between most days is where I reside. I am aware that pride, ego and fear can rise up as a reaction, open honest and willing is likely to be the best response to the good, bad and ugly today…

The serenity prayer is part of my daily routine and daily life. When I remember my morning mantra: step one, powerless over everything and not trying to control anything, or life will get unmanageable. Step two, thinking I need to control something and doing the same thing over and over again without a change in the results. Step three, let go my way and get on the highway of life and aim to be open, honest and willing to embrace everything. Remind myself what I can do with freedom of choice and what I cannot do, and the wisdom to know the difference. Speak for myself and never assume that my way is better than yours… Can change me, not here to change you, and thankful for another day above ground…

Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Six Collection" June 15 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 6, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: