Thursday 20 June 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | June 18 | DonInLondon | Step 6 "Let Go"



June 18 2013: step six in mind… "H. A. L. T: anyone anywhere can be hungry, angry, lonely and or tired. Anyone! Not just me." By the time I understood what step six was about, quite a lot of inward looking, and if it had not been for fellowship, I could have been very self-absorbed. In group meetings, of which there are 700 here in London, the principles of listening and looking for similarities sharpened my ability to understand it is not just me. I need to be aware of how everyone is doing because everyone impacts and plays their part in life. Today, when I ask somebody how they are feeling, it is not me introducing myself, it is me listening to you to support, to learn and to be part of the moment of now…

Having said that, I was expecting a carpenter to come and block up the mouse holes. The appointment was for up to 4 hours. After three hours of waiting and not feeling so good, I emailed the admin office and said he was a no-show. I made it clear that after four hours, I would not be available. And so I felt justified in postponing. Feeling ill, not such a good place to be. At the same time I was courteous and actually had no anger or resentment. When appointments are made, and not kept these days, I always have something to do…

Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Six Collection" June 18 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 6, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: